“Good place as a base to Zion” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Edison, New Jersey
“Good place as a base to Zion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nice and clean rooms, all amenities that you would find in any Quality Inns, helpful staff and quite place with hot pool – what else you need?

Free breakfast was great and the lady at the breakfast area was very welcoming to everyone. There is a shuttle stop right next to the entrance to the hotel. Some people may find it ‘away’ from the ‘core’ of Springdale town – but I don’t think so. Unless you want restaurants and shop right next to your room – and so the noise – this is good place to stay in Springdale. I would love to return here someday…

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Montrose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Checked ahead of time to make sure I had the same room for both nights 7/5 and 7/6. Because I split the booking on two credit cards. I was assured of the same room with jacuzzi in the room. When I got there about 5 hours after I called, they told me the jacuzzi did not work. OK fine, can I get something off the price of the room? Sorry, NO. Can you book me in a room that has a working jacuzzi? NO. Ok, give me the key cards and we'll settle it later, I was tired and so was my girlfriend. The coffee maker did not work as well as the refrigerator making a strange noise all night and yes the air conditioner was loud kicking on and off all night. Went out hiking the next day and we were very tired when we got back to our room at about 9pm. Knock knock at the door when I was in the shower. Put a towel on and I answered the door, yes I said to the house keeping lady. You have to call office she said. Why I said. She could not answer me because she did not speak good English. Ok, so I call the office. The man on duty tells me he has no record of me checking in today. I said that's because I have the room for two days and I checked in yesterday. Oh! He says I see here that's right. Sorry to bother you, Really!!!!! As I was checking out this morning and after the free breakfast, which by the way was the only good thing about this hotel and that's not saying much. I had to go back to check and see if we removed all of our things from the room. Well, both of the keys stopped working. Went to the office and the manager let me in to check, she was the only helpful person there. But, more time not spent driving home. Here's a tip. If you book a room, do not use one of the many services like Priceline. You can't get a receipt from the hotel and you can't get any satisfaction from the manager or anyone else with the hotel. They don't care! They already have the money from Priceline etc and don't need to be nice to you or try to straighten out the mess they caused! Overall this was a bad experience and I will not book this hotel and I use that term loosely in this case, ever again! I'm calling Priceline tomorrow and I better get some kind of refund, but I'm not holding my breath!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

As per several other reviews, the air conditioner was so loud that we couldn't sleep. Also, it the a/c was either all on or all off meaning you either freeze or bake. We were in a handicapped suite, and the bath bench didn't move (or we didn't know how to move it) and so the shower was quite small with it in!
When we asked questions of the front staff, they were unable to provide answers (such as regarding recommendations for places to eat).
Also, we were booked in to stay 2 nights and after the awful experience the first night, we tried to cancel our reservations for the second night, however were told we could not get our money back. We did book with expedia, however expedia says to contact the hotel to cancel a reservation. The hotel said they would not refund it.
I requested to speak with the general manager and was told she doesn't speak to anybody and that I could not even speak to the head office as they would not do anything.
There were bugs on the top of the bed spread.
The breakfast was mediocre at best.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, don't stay in building A.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
franklin, in
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

A very clean and well kept place. Nice laundry, pool, hot tub.
We always put out the "do not disturb" sign and use our towels a second day.
We have stayed in a lot of places and This is the 1st place that had left additional towels, wash clothes and soaps in a bag hanging on the door just in case we needed them.

That type of attention to detail is rare!!!!!!!

The shuttle stop is right out front. I can't say enough good things about the place.

Room Tip: This is a great place, maybe 30 rooms so you're not over crowded
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Punta Gorda, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

While not luxurious, these accommodations were clean, comfortable and close to Zion highlights. And the staff really knocks themselves out to ensure an enjoyable stay. Our unit was in the C building, so we had peace and quiet plus a lovely view of the surrounding cliffs. Their breakfast is substantial (if you are on a diet the yummy pastries will be nearly impossible to avoid) and our server was cheerful and very helpful, even providing a detailed brochure on sights and hikes to enjoy in the area. Also, I was looking for a PC to log into to check travel details and one of the staff went out to his car to get his own computer for me to use. That level of service is pretty rare these days!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hillsdale, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for three nights. The location is only 2miles miles away from the entrance to the Park. The hotel is clean and well run. Our room in Bldg C was large with a sofa/reading area. The view out the window looked up at a tall mesa in the distance. Bathroom was clean and modern. Breakfast was served in a separate building, and had was good, with eggs, biscuts, waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, boiled eggs. It opens at 7am, and there was usually a rush by the serious hikers who wanted to get to the park before 8am. But we always got a seat. the staff works hard to please in the dining room. the front desk staff is equally helpful, but note that they close by 10pm. They also only open up to check-out at 8am, which delayed us a bit when we wanted to move on to Bryce. But overall, the place is a great choice. There are many restaurants on the main road leading up to the Park, but you would need a car to get to many of them . One good thing wa sthat the free shuttle that takes you to the park entrance stops right across the street from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
holland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Travelers beware: The front desk closes at 10:00 PM. So, if your room key no longer works and your cell phone is in your room, the only hope you have is banging on another guests door or the off chance of the clerk forgetting to secure the office door. In my case I spent four hours sleeping on the office couch before discovering the FAX machine to call out to a sister property. Ben, thank you for driving over. Chuckles...the clerk gave me $10 for my troubles... Are you kidding me, ten bucks for the worst evening since sleeping on a concrete floor in Northern Iraq?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Montclair? Share your experiences!