“Great Breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 35 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Salem, New Hampshire
“Great Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Ate at the Pioneer last year while visiting Zion and again this summer on a return trip. Excellent service and very friendly. Breakfast a year ago was wonderful! This summer I was travelling with 38 other people on a tour and the Pioneer did a wonderful job of handling all of us as a group with good food and, once again, excellent service. Can't wait to go back to Zion again and when I do, I'll definitely be eating at the Pioneer!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The waitresses were nice but not the best. The food was not good and it was overpriced for what it was. would not eat here again

Visited June 2014
Manhattan, KS
“Great service brought us back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

A group of 11 doesn't usually walk into a restaurant and get seated, but we did, at a large table already set up. It was as if they were expecting us. Staff immediately poured our water and distributed menus. The food came promptly, and it was good. The vegetables were cooked perfectly - neither hard nor soggy. The friendly, helpful waitress found it easy to tempt us with pie when she told us all the varieties they serve, and we were VERY impressed with the generous size of the servings.

Because of the great service, we ate at the Pioneer two of the three nights we were in Springdale. We had been there seven years ago and noted the good service then, too, so apparently it is the normal for this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springdale, Utah
“Great selection for Zion Park visitors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Good food, good service, good prices in a resort town (Zion National Park). Visited with a tour group and then later with my wife.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“The food was good, but my seat was cold?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The first morning at the lodge we had breakfast in their restaurant and I have heard of the "cold shoulder", but not the "cold seat". Normally I am just fine and my wife is cold, but this time the roles were reversed. So much so that when they brought the food, It was ice cold before I finished. I asked the waitress about this and she said that for some reason this seat is the only one that gets a cold draft. I did not feel a heavy draft coming from any specific vent. I did complained to the manager, but since my breakfast was free as a guest, 50% off bill, they could not do any more, but I did tell them to get the problem fixed. So if you eat there and you feel cold, change seats. I wish I had, because the food was good.

• Visited May 2014