“If we were locals, we'd be there every day!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 35 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Located in the heart of Zion Canyon at the entrance to Zion National Park, Zion Pizza & Noodle Co. is situated in the picturesque village of Springdale, Utah. Once an old church, the building is now a focal point for visitors wishing to take a relaxing break and enjoy good food and good company.Formerly an old Mormon church built in 1930, the picturesque building that is home to Zion Pizza & Noodle Co. was converted to commercial use in 1983. Due to uncertain soil conditions, the foundation was built four feet thick and the walls are one foot thick. The interior walls are lathe and plaster construction. It graces the commerical center of Springdale.The Zion Pizza & Noodle Co. serves some of the finest pizza and pasta around. We use the freshest local ingredients, and cater to vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. CompanyBruce M . VanderWerffChef ~ RestaurateurBruce started in the restaurant business in 1958 at Finns Restaurant in Salt Lake City, Utah. Since then he has founded, owned and operated a number of restaurants. A trained professional chef with an advanced degree from La Vareene, Paris, Bruce has created over 30 area restaurants. On moving to Zion Canyon, he opened Zion Pizza & Noodle Co. His son Joshua has worked in the restaurant business since 1985, and is also an owner-operator of this family business.Bruce and Joshua would like to welcome you, and sincerely hope that your dining experience is enjoyable.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“If we were locals, we'd be there every day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

Can't wait to go back. Pizza, pasta and salad were wonderful. Pesto pizza was so good. Ranch dressing was the best I've ever had. The staff was really friendly and quick. Such a nice way to wind down the day!

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lansing, Michigan
“Please leave a tip but serve yourself!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

It seems like everyone who stays in Springdale for more than a few days ends up eating here but I wasn't too crazy about the food or how things worked. The restaurant is in a cool old church and has plenty of seating. There is also a smallish deck for outdoor dining out front, which has those gorgeous views of Zion Canyon.

There are no waiters or waitresses here. When you arrive, you pick up your menu, decide what you want, order at the counter, and eventually someone bring out your food. You get your drinks and napkins yourself. This weird hybrid of self and full service made me wonder how much to tip because from the large tip jar out front, to the sign hanging above the kitchen reminding you to tip, they clearly expect you to leave something extra.

I had the pizza and my wife had the pasta. They both just tasted ok. We also ordered the garlic bread appetizer, which we both thought was better than the pizza or pasta. As is typical for Zion restaurants, prices are high but portions are large. For one pizza, one pasta, one garlic bread appetizer, one water, and one soft drink, the total came to just under $40. This did not include the tip!

• Visited March 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Juan Capistrano, California
“Quality Pizza & Food at a great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

I'm shocked at some of the negative reviews. This place was greart. The pizza was excellent and so reasonably priced! Be sure you get there early because this appears to be a very popular place. Loved the fresh ingredients, and especially loved the crunchy crust on the pizzas. Wish we had such a place in San Juan Capistrano, CA

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dunlap, IL
“Swing and a miss at Zion Pizza and Noodle Company”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

I love a good pizza. I've been eating them for 55+ years - everything from a home-made Chef Boyardee (circa 1960) to gourmet pizzas in nice restaurants, so I think I know a good pizza when I taste one. First, you must start with a great crust - not so thin it tastes like cardboard and (if thick crust) not underdone, doughy and yeast-y. Then the sauce - homemade is best with a sweet but 'Italian' basil taste, made from fresh ingredients if possible. Then, add fresh ingredients as toppings, finished off with quality mozzarella cheese. It can't be greasy (as least overly greasy). And, of course, it's gotta be hot.
When I read the reviews on Zion Pizza, I thought I had a good shot at getting a great pizza. Strike One: The crust (supposedly fresh) was gooey, doughy both in the center and at the lower outer crust. We scraped the toppings off, ate them and threw away most of the crust. Strike Two: Pitifully little sauce. We had a Hawaiian pizza (canadian bacon and pineapple) so I expected at least some sauce.
The pros: The bacon, pineapple and cheese were fresh and tasty. Too bad the lousy crust and lack of sauce resulted in a mediocre pizza.
I also found it strange that they were putting out a "Closed" sign at 9:30 on a Friday night. Maybe I got the dregs of the crust and they were giving up for the day?

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nothing to get excited over or think you are going out for dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

When I go to a restaurant, I expect a waiter/waitress to come take my order and then bring it out. NOPE! This place, you come in, seat yourself. When you are ready you go up to the counter (this particular case, I had to stand in line, which I will give a little there because it was a Saturday night.) After ordering, I noticed a tip jar. They expect a tip for ME to come to their counter, order my meal and then wait for them to bring it out, after they walk all over the restaurant looking for my number. NO. No tip! By the time I got to the counter, I decided I was going to do take out and go back to my hotel room where it was comfortable and warm. The night time was chilly and they had all their doors open. When my friend and I got back to the hotel room, we were excited to have some good pizza. After all a local told us it was great tasting pizza. Nope.. Wrong again. The pizza was not very favorable. The garlic bread was ok and it was nothing to get excited over. We ate two pieces and threw the rest out. I spent to much money for a mere flavorless pizza. I would not recommend this place. To me, it was a waste of money and time. We only went to this place after trying the Flying Monkey. (They had run out of food and closed early.)

• Visited March 2011