“Loved it” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Mequon, Wisconsin
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Great place for dinner after a day in Zion NP. We had a great dinner there on a busy 4th of July weekend night. I had the house special fish tacos and was very pleased. Oscar's take is a bit different from other fish tacos - lettuce instead of cabbage and flour instead of corn tortillas - but the mahi mahi was delicious and well complimented with their sauce. We sat out on the patio and watched the stars come out to compete with the white twinkle light strung around the seating area. I highly recommend and will go there again when I am in Springdale.

Visited July 2011

Michigan
“Great portions- fair prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

We ate at this restaurant because we were quite hungry after our day at Zion and the portions did not fail to satisfy us! My husband ordered the big a$$ burger and ended up taking part of it home and I ordered the Bacon and Blue burger. Both were delicious and had probably the best bacon that either of us have ever had on them. Service was slow at times but to be fair the restaurant was busy and we didn't have any place to hurry off to anyways! The fries were good and generous and the prices were fair considering we were right by the National Park. I would recommend this restaurant as good filling food albeit a bit slow.

Visited July 2011
Davenport, Iowa
“A lot of food for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Nothing fancy but the food was good and there was more than we could eat. Staff was friendly and service was fast.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
los angeles,ca
“not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Oscars used to be not only good, but inventive.Not any more. The food is O.K. Mexican specialties are the best. Salads are good as well. Its just O.K.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale
“OK, not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I don't know if some of these reviews come from people who may have hiked all day and then anything will taste wonderful to a hungry person. The reality is there are no great restaurants in Springdale. Oscars is probably a little better than others for ambience and quality. However, to the people who posted they had the greatest hamburger ever here either lead limited lives or, like I said, were really hungy after a long hike in Zion. But, maybe taste is also in the eye of the beholder. For whatever reason, a number of restaurants in Springdale like to heavily use Garlic. Oscars is one. If I remember correctly, it actually says Garlic Hamburger as your only choice. Does that enhance the flavor of a hamburger? Not to me. Plus, it wasn't charbroiled which, again from my bias, typically improves the flavor for a hamburger.

I read a number of reviews and I will agree that if you go to Oscars Cafe, your best decision will be to go with their Mexican entrees. Some of them appeared quite good.

• Visited July 2011