“Wonderful Tex-Mex” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Gainesville, GA
“Wonderful Tex-Mex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We just happened into this restaurant and we're glad we did. The service was friendly and the homemade salsa was great. I had a chicken burrito and my boyfriend had the pollo relleno which he said was probably one of the best chicken dish he has ever had. We also splurged on dessert with the brownie creme brulee which was also awesome. We would recommend this little restaurant to anyone looking for good food around Zion NP.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
Temecula, California
“Dinner at the Bit & Spur”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

There were six of us, and we all had Mexican dishes. The chicken enchiladas were delicious, as was the Cadillac Margarita :)

Visited March 2014
Logan, Utah
“Southwestern Food - Spicy & Non-spicy options avalible”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I found this to be very good food, especially for out near the middle of nowhere (you cannot find food like this just outside of Bryce NP, for example). Good atmosphere, but a little loud. They bring out their homemade hot sauce after your first few bites, so everyone is happy with the level of 'hot.'

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Comfortable, good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My girlfriend and I are here after our first day of hiking in Zion. The restaurant was very nicely furnished and comfortable. Our waiter was very helpful and friendly. I had the sweet potato tamales and my GF had steak tacos. The tamales were good, though slightly bland. I have a high tolerance for heat however and TexMex good tends to be less spicy than traditional Mexican cuisine. My GF swore the tacos were the best she's ever had. The slaw was tasty and added a healthy twist to the dishes. Overall a really pleasant meal and dining experience. I would eat here again.

Kipling. SK
“Unique Establishment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We tried this place one weekend in February, encouraged by the fact that their cuisine was not entirely Mexican. The building itself had the appearance of being quite old and probably had another purpose in previous years. While the seating arrangements lacked elboy room with the neighboring tables, the charm, decor, and history of the establishment made up for this fact, The place was quite popular and busy, and we had to endure a bit of a wait time. They offered a spot at the bar which was crowded, so we opted to wait outside while a table was prepared.
The food was good to very good, but in my opinion not excellent, and the service was friendly and more than adequate considering how busy they were. WE enjoyed a couple of drinks from their bar menu, and took some type of salsa/ketchup home as a souvenir.
The only part about our experience that was not too enjoyable was the fact we were sat at the door. This detail and the fact that I was not blown away with the value and menu resulted in only a very good rating instead of excellent.

• Visited February 2014