“Great Selection of Art” 4 of 5 stars

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
9 attraction reviews
“Great Selection of Art”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I spent about an hour browsing through this lovely Gallery in Springdale, Utah, close to Zion National Park. Great selection of artwork (jewelry, glass, paintings, photos, and feature pieces) by a solid selection of Artists. The Gallery Director is a very articulate, knowledgeable woman with the inside scoop on "life in Springdale, Utah." There are a few pieces I absolutely loved and plan to go back to make a purchase in the Fall.

Visited June 2013

Seattle, Washington
34 attraction reviews
“Magnificent photographs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I admit to prejudice here. As a photographer I am very critical of the photos I see on sale. Most leave me less than enthusiastic. I often wonder why they think people would want to buy their work. That is not true of the David Pettit photos at the LaFave Gallery. These are some of the best photographs, of this type, that I have ever seen. Truly breathtaking. A couple of other things that make this a great gallery. Besides the photos, there are a lot of other pieces of artwork that are, to me, a step above the average gallery fare. And the owner/operator of the business was very helpful and friendly. Not at all cold, snobbish or pushy, like so many of the gallery operators one finds. Though I look at lots of galleries on my trips, this is the first time I have ever bothered to write something about one. If you go to Zion NP, take a minute and stop and look at this most pleasant gallery.

Visited May 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“found this to be a great gallery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Enjoyed browsing this wonderful gallery. Art truly appeals differently to us all and I found work that I loved. Staff is knowledgeable and lets you admire at your leisure. I loved the variety of mediums and artists available. I purchased something I am really enjoying -allowing me to retain memories of a wonderful trip.

Visited April 2013
HOUSTON
6 attraction reviews
“Unique collections featuring local artistry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Attracted by the wind and kinetic art outside, I strolled from the Driftwood Lodge to go check it out. Pleasantly surprised at the variety of items... pottery to photography to jewelry to statues to a friendly, welcoming curator/owner (I'm sure I'm leaving out somethings)! All price ranges are featured.

Kathy(?) took the time to come a chat with me and show me several items that might be of interest that I hadn't previously considered. She was NO PRESSURE. Next day we returned, and purchsed some jewelry. Love it, it is a one of a kind piece, made by a local artist, and it turns out that is exactly what I'd been looking/hoping for.

Thank you and we look forward to browsing again.

Visited January 2013
Fountain Hills, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
“Unpretentious, welcoming, spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Being a infrequent gallery go-er, partially due to the pretentiousness of many, this place is a great find. The goods are displayed with care and attention to detail, making the beautiful art easy to see and enjoy. The owners are down-to-earth, and helpful. One of the artists that the gallery features is a local jeweler, and her items are just wonderful! Highly recommend.

Visited July 2012