“Good if Crazy Busy Company” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
Activities: Rock climbing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Zion's Premier Adventure Outfitter and Guide Service • Narrows Rentals • Guided Canyoneering, Climbing, Biking and 4x4 Jeep Tours • River Tubing • Trailhead Shuttle Service. We have fun adventures available for all ages and abilities. Give us a call today and we can help you plan your visit to Zion National Park and Southern Utah.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sykesville, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
“Good if Crazy Busy Company”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We used ZAC to rent equipment for my husband, son (11yrs), and myself for the Narrows Hike on Easter weekend. We were very happy with the quality of the equipment and the rental rates. The introduction film was extremely useful to us. Having said that, the number of clients did make the place feel like a manufacturing line. They've designed it so that everyone is going through a process, and it is clearly streamlined to make that as quick as possible... all good. But it was difficult to get attention to ask specific questions. Again, when you had someone's attention, they were great but brief. :) While on the Narrows hike, we ran into one of their guides and he was really engaging.

Wheaton, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
“Service Oriented Company Even Though I Didn't Get to Use Them”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This review won't tell you as much as I'd like because I ran out of time to hike the Narrows due to delayed travel from the east coast. Nevertheless, I wanted to commend ZAC for promptly responding to each of my emails about hiking the Narrows and equipment information. Their emails provided additional information and links and responded to each question thoroughly. Also, though I got responses from different people, they were uniformly helpful and friendly in tone.

I really want to hike the Narrows one day; it's the only thing I missed out on during our Zion visit. If I get the chance, I certainly will book with ZAC for the equipment. And I'll probably sign up for canyoneering with them too!

Cork, Ireland
25 attraction reviews
“Informative and assuring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Canyoneering for the first time produced much excitement, the unknown and natural nerves,But it was soon assured by the professionalism of Zion Adventure. Bj our instructor was a very informative, professional and soft spoken gentleman.We took off by jeep at 7.30 am and drove 30 min to a spectacular and jaw dropping canyon . There we got our gear on and hiked and sometimes through narrow canyons to our repelling locations. We repelled 40-85 ft canyons with each having there own task and problem solving. I always felt safe, but will jump at the chance of doing it again,

Visited March 2013
“Narrows and Canyoneering with ZAC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My 18 year old daughter and I (57 year old male) showed up for our first visit to Zion during busy spring break week. Stopped by ZAC first day and the staff was super in helping us decide what to do and what we needed for support. They gave us great advice and equipment for the Narrows and we had a blast! Their equipment kept us warm and safe and allowed us to stay out in the river for over 6 hours of comfortable exploring. Next day we met our guide Bill Westerhoff for a day of canyoneering. We were both rookies and I especially have a slight (big) fear of ledges. Let's just say that what Bill did with us that day was amazing and the highlight of our entire 8 day western trip. He talked me down that first rappel and then we were off to 9 more rappels down a beautiful slot canyon. Bill has a wonderful way with people and he made my daughter and me feel very special that day and helped us grow both physically and mentally. We can never thank him enough and we will never forget the day. He sent my daughter off to college with a higher level of self worth and confidence. Thanks Bill and Zion Adventure!

San Francisco, California
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome hike in the Narrows, thanks to dry suits from ZAC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I've been wanting to hike the Narrows since my last visit to Zion six years ago- Zion Adventure Company made it happen! Our dry suits were priceless- they are comfy, warm, and made me feel like I was going on some outer space mission (kinda fun). My feet blister easily, but I didn't have a problem hiking in the rented boots/neoprene socks. What a day! Thank you, ZAC!