“ABSOLUTELY RUDE OWNER !! AVOID AVOID AVOID” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Terrace Brook Lodge

You added Terrace Brook Lodge to your Saves list
Terrace Brook Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   990 Zion Park Blvd., P.O. Box 217, Springdale, UT 84767   |
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Bozeman, Montana
“ABSOLUTELY RUDE OWNER !! AVOID AVOID AVOID”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was on vacation with my mother after not seeing her for 17 months. This hotel was an absolute joke ! The owner was the rudest, most pompous and arrogant man I have ever dealt with. I asked him where I could get a good pizza as it was my first time there. He suggested a place, when I asked him if he could look the number, he refused and hung up on me. The next morning we went to have their breakfast, the coffee was water, the bread was cheap starch basically, and they asked us to get out of the lobby because it was time for them to clean. Pool was closed, and their WI-FI was non existent. Once they have your money, forget about any customer service or basic manners !! AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Mateo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I love to visit Zion, for first year booked this hotel and it ruined my vacation. Disrespectful and very shady owner. Pool does not work neither does laundry facilities, or WiFi . Air conditioning made rattling noise off and on. I hope he sells hotel to owners with customer service. Talked to 2 other people and owner charged higher price to him and said he had to pay in cash. I would sleep in my car if this was the last place with a vacancy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Offering a room for 160$, saying it was the only vacant. In the evening the vacant sign was on, showing that he did not tell the truth. WiFi did never work. Room was aweful, eletricity in part dangerous. Breakfast was a joke in a room much too small. Forget it.

• Stayed September 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place definetely lacks on details. The pool chairs were bronken, the paitings in the bedroom were crooked, the toilet seat cover wasn't screwed on, etc... however, if you are going to Zions and is going to spend all day outdoors and just need a confortable bed to sleep and a shower, this place is not bad for the price and location. The bed was confortable, the bedroom was clean and they had ac and free wi-fi. Again, just remember that if you are going to Zions, you really are not going to spend much time in a hotel. I was looking for an affordable place with a pool, close to the park. This was it. Definetely not suitable for a romantic getaway, but for a family or friends trying to have fun on the cheap, it's not bad.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Eureka, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The back three bedroom cottage was aweful! Cockroaches, strong sewer smell in living room after using the showers, no ventilation over gas stove, smoke detectors not working, 2 of the 3 televisions were not working, numerous broken hinges on kitchen cupboards and bathroom window, and lamp switches broken. I would never recommend this to anyone!!! Run now and find another place to stay!

Room Tip: Double check resources, i.e. Local Chamber of Commerce
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Halesowen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This is indeed a tired old hotel and I would agree with some other reviewers that this in itself is not necessarily a problem. On the plus side the hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. The wifi was also good. The downside was the couple who own this hotel who do seem to have difficulty communicating in a civil tone and certainly did nothing to make us feel welcome. In fact the man seemed to have a view that we would be trying to avoid payment even though the rooms had to be paid for in advance at registration. Having signed my credit card authorisation he then proceeded to write out details of my driving licence and credit card on the reverse of the authorisation and making me sign that too!
There are plenty of other similar priced hotels in this area - my advice choose anything over this and avoid at all costs - there is no excuse for rudeness and poor customer service!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carson City, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My friends and I were driving around Springdale looking for a place to spend the night and shower after 4 days of back country hiking. We stopped at Terrance Brooks and found it to be a good deal. Terrance showed my friend and I the room we would be staying in (not too often you get to see your room before you decide to book it). We then went back to the office and did some paperwork and computer work. Terrance told us "NO SMOKING!" I told him we don't smoke. Then he said "NO PETS!" I reassured him we had no animals. Then he relaxed and welcomed us to his lovely Lodge. He told us about the breakfast from 7-9am every morning...fruit loops, bagels and papadum (MY FAVORITE!). Mr. Brooks and I chatted for a while about Zion and the various hikes. He told me to go get clean because we all reeked after our 4 days of hiking. We left our room in shambles, dirt and dust and sand and grime everywhere, but Terrance was so understanding. "As long as you know there is NO SMOKING," he told us. I'll always remember his words, and our lovely stay at the Terrance Brooks Lodge.

Room Tip: please no smoking!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Terrace Brook Lodge? Share your experiences!