“Don't walk but RUN to another motel!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Terrace Brook Lodge

Save Saved
You added Terrace Brook Lodge to your Saves list
Terrace Brook Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   990 Zion Park Blvd., P.O. Box 217, Springdale, UT 84767   |
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Eureka, California
“Don't walk but RUN to another motel!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The back three bedroom cottage was aweful! Cockroaches, strong sewer smell in living room after using the showers, no ventilation over gas stove, smoke detectors not working, 2 of the 3 televisions were not working, numerous broken hinges on kitchen cupboards and bathroom window, and lamp switches broken. I would never recommend this to anyone!!! Run now and find another place to stay!

Room Tip: Double check resources, i.e. Local Chamber of Commerce
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Halesowen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This is indeed a tired old hotel and I would agree with some other reviewers that this in itself is not necessarily a problem. On the plus side the hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. The wifi was also good. The downside was the couple who own this hotel who do seem to have difficulty communicating in a civil tone and certainly did nothing to make us feel welcome. In fact the man seemed to have a view that we would be trying to avoid payment even though the rooms had to be paid for in advance at registration. Having signed my credit card authorisation he then proceeded to write out details of my driving licence and credit card on the reverse of the authorisation and making me sign that too!
There are plenty of other similar priced hotels in this area - my advice choose anything over this and avoid at all costs - there is no excuse for rudeness and poor customer service!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carson City, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My friends and I were driving around Springdale looking for a place to spend the night and shower after 4 days of back country hiking. We stopped at Terrance Brooks and found it to be a good deal. Terrance showed my friend and I the room we would be staying in (not too often you get to see your room before you decide to book it). We then went back to the office and did some paperwork and computer work. Terrance told us "NO SMOKING!" I told him we don't smoke. Then he said "NO PETS!" I reassured him we had no animals. Then he relaxed and welcomed us to his lovely Lodge. He told us about the breakfast from 7-9am every morning...fruit loops, bagels and papadum (MY FAVORITE!). Mr. Brooks and I chatted for a while about Zion and the various hikes. He told me to go get clean because we all reeked after our 4 days of hiking. We left our room in shambles, dirt and dust and sand and grime everywhere, but Terrance was so understanding. "As long as you know there is NO SMOKING," he told us. I'll always remember his words, and our lovely stay at the Terrance Brooks Lodge.

Room Tip: please no smoking!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

The owner is a bully and has no customer service skills at all. First of all, it took a half hour to book, repeating the spelling of the name. Then took another 15 min to confirm the reservation at the day of since we would be arriving late, repeating the spelling and intent of the call over and over.

Our shower was barely dripping water so we went to the office after dinner to let him know. He came strutting to our shower, turned it on and said "it's working". We said it's not good enough and not acceptable. We said we would like compensation. He started laughing hysterically and said "Compensation?? do you know how much is your rate??" We paid $121+tax so it's not cheap and he did not tell us that the rate was for not working shower. He also said that we should have told him this morning, not at night. That we could leave tomorrow morning and he would give us $10 back. We already paid for 3 nights. My friend pointed out that he had poor customer service skills and if he was aware of yelp, fb, trip advisor. He started pointing finger and yelling at her for black mailing him. I don't think he knows the definition of black mailing. My friend said that the conversation was over, was late and that he needed to leave the room now. He got so irate that she told him to leave. We could hear his wife in the background saying something. My friend almost called the police on him in his own motel if he continued.

My other friend unscrewed the shower head to get more water to take a shower that night. The next day when we got back from the park, the key did not work. We had to get him to open the door. He came strutting with his nose up, gave my "black mailer" friend a stink eye as he passed and opened the door. He motioned my other friend to come follow him to the shower. The shower had been fixed but he accused that one of us broke the shower head. My friend tried to explain that he only unscrewed the head to get more water but he wasn't listening. He kept on saying "you broke it!"

His wife also gave us the stink eyes as she passed that afternoon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jackson, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here in lieu of camping in a tent. I should have opted for the tent.

Check-in was odd. The manager and a guest were having a debate about pricing. After waiting several minutes, he interrupted the debate to check me in. Even though I assured him that I did not smoke, he repeatedly warned me against smoking in the room.

There was a worn-out chair sitting in front of my room. Not to be outdone, every room had a worn-out chair in front of it.

Beds were clean, but flimsy. The sink drained slowly and had stains in it. The bathroom had one bare bulb and a wobbly toilet. The sound insulation between rooms is nonexistent. I could hear every word of the conversation in the adjoining room. Thankfully, it was in some eastern European dialect.

The next morning, I took one look at the breakfast offering and skipped it.

This place did receive a personal distinction -- it is, by far, the worst place I have stayed in recent memory.

Room Tip: Find a campsite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Rexburg, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

It is definitely an old hotel. The owner is a little pushy, but after you pay for you room, you don't talk to him again. The breakfast was cold cereal and toast.

However, the room was warm and the beds were comfy. The owner gave us a triple bed room for the price of a double because he was full. The rooms were very clean, and the owner came and helped us with the heater. When you're spending all day in zion, all you really need is a bed, and this was perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Come on now everybody--I've stayed in Zion many, many times and have always stayed at much more expensive places but I spent a LOT more money to do so. Of COURSE if you spend more money you will receive more amenities. This is a basic but serviceable place to stay for a couple of nights if you want to go to Zion and don't feel like camping or spending $300-500 for a couple of nights. For $75/night with no reservation we got a perfectly serviceable room with great, free wireless internet, we didn't use the free breakfast. The location is the reason to stay here--you can walk right into town and then catch the shuttle. We hiked all day and had a bed to sleep in, that's all I wanted. If you want luxury pay for it people!! The owners were very kind, they are a bit quiet at first but very sweet, I will stay here again--I will take my blow dryer next time though :) One thing--if you want to soak in a tub after bathing there is only a shower here, just FYI

Room Tip: If you need wii fi the owner said the signal is best in the rooms close to the office
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Terrace Brook Lodge? Share your experiences!