“Great Gear and Great Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 10 Shopping in Springdale
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a full service guide shop offering hiking and canyoneering in and around Zion National Park
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Great Gear and Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We rented dry suits, boots, socks, and hiking sticks to hike the Narrows. We are novices and the staff took the time to explain what we needed and why. He also provided a map and shared some of his experiences. We are in our late fifties/early sixties and I never thought I would hike in the Narrows -- but my husband convinced me to try and I'm really proud that I did it! The equipment worked very well. What a thrill!

Visited October 2012

St. George, Utah
“Best way to see Zion!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My kids (10,8 &6), husband, father-in-law, and I rented bikes and took them across the bridge to Zion and put our bikes on the shuttle bus and rode the bus up the canyon (there is only enough room for 3 bikes on each bus so we had to split up our group, but it was about a 10 minute difference). We got off the bus at the Temple of Sinawava (the last stop) and rode our bikes back to the entrance of Zion. There was only 2 little hills to go up and the rest of the ride is downhill. We rode on the road until the parus trail and followed that trail back.
The kids absolutely loved this, they felt so tough that they went on a long ride and weren't even tired. My 10 & 8 year old had their own bikes and my 6 yr. old was on the tandem-like bike with grandpa. We stopped every once in a while to see things we wouldn't have otherwise seen and also to play in the river.
I would definitely recommend doing this! Remember to bring some water and snacks to put in the cute bike baskets!

New Brighton, Minnesota
5 attraction reviews
“Boots for The Narrows....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and son rented their boots for the narrows hike here. They were a little unsure of wearing boots that they had never worn before on a long hike. No problems with the boots and they were very glad they had them. Staff was very helpful.

Las Vegas
5 attraction reviews
“Great service and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My daughter and I rented canyoneering boots and neoprene socks from Zion Outfitters to hike the Narrows. They took the time to make sure everything fit ok. The boots worked great for hiking 7 hours in the Narrows. They were really helpful answering our questions. The price was competitive, and the location just outside the park entrance is nice for being able to drop everything off afterwards.

Seal Beach, California
16 attraction reviews
“The owners made sure we had a perfect hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I rented from Zion Outfitter in late May, 2012 and they were terrific. I had a LOT of questions about the hike and they were helpful in describing each portion and the best choices for our group.

The equipment was in great shape and clean. We stopped by the afternoon before so that we could fill out the paperwork, get fitted and ask all our questions. The morning of the hike, we zipped in early, grabbed our gear and were on our way in about 3 minutes, including parking. Their location is super convenient whether staying in the park or driving in.

I was pleased that they didn't try to rent me anything I didn't need. The day of the hike was 90 degrees so Phillip explained where we'd get wet and that the dry pants probably weren't necessary (if we didn't want them). I never felt rushed and was impressed by their commitment to our safety and enjoyment.

With their advice and equipment, we had a perfect day. I was 100% satisfied and recommend Zion Outfitter.

Visited May 2012