“Canyoneering is fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventure guide service for the Zion National Park and Southern Utah areas. Canyoneering, Rock Climbing, Mountain Biking, Hiking, Family Adventure, and Instructional Courses.We provide experienced guides at competitive rates.
Lincoln
“Canyoneering is fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Red Desert provided our family with an unforgettable canyoneering experience. We had nothing but fun during our half-day excursion. We arrived first, and we were exploring with ease. Joe was a great guide and was so NICE.

My two girls ages 9 & 12 were able to perform all the climbing with minimal problems...they loved it.

Red Desert also provided us with our Christmas card photo as we hiked back to the van.

Call Red Desert now for a reservation...before you miss out on the experience of a lifetime.

Berkeley, California
6 attraction reviews
“family canyoneering was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Our half-day family canyoneering trip in Yankee Doodle canyon was perfect. Jeffe was a fantastic guide. So, so knowledgeable about the area and our activity. And he was infinitely patient with my children (ages 10 and 12), and us! My 10-year-old was initially very afraid. Jeffe was encouraging and supportive and by the middle of the trip my son was having a blast. We ALL had a blast. And my husband has some medical issues that Jeffe was able to easily and happily accommodate. Never thought I would enjoy swimming in muddy water at the bottom of a canyon, but we loved it. If you go, be prepared to swim, although how wet you get will depend entirely on recent weather conditions. And longer shorts will be more comfortable than shorter ones.

Washington, D.C.
50 attraction reviews
“Best Adventure on our Trip to Zion!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Oh my. I picked this adventure to satisfy my two adult/teenage boys who like rock climbing and me who like adventure but don't have the rock climbing skills. My husband came cause he didn't want to be left behind -- and all four of us agreed this was the BEST thing we did on our vacation. Dan our guide picked us up at hotel and we did Yankee Doodle canyon. It has a couple of nice rapels and then over, around, and down we went climbing, sliding, stemming and having a blast! I am quite short and was the more hesitant of the group, but in pretty good shape and a hiker -- Dan sized us up real fast and made sure I was comfortable at each stage of the canyoneering. We had never done this before but Dan helped us have a great time and we will do this again!

Clarksville, Maryland, United States
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My family loved the canyoneering experience. My husband and 3 teenage boys had one of the most amazing experiences of our lives. Dan was a fantastic guide, making the excursion thrilling and challenging, yet doable. You must been in shape for this experience though, and aware of the physicality required. Looking forward to receiving the pictures that our guide Dan took for us!

NYC
3 attraction reviews
“Personal Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

My wife, nephew and I did a fantastic half-day with Eric through Yankee Doodle Canyon. The price was reasonable and really appreciated his extra attention to safety. The experience itself was fantastic and took us city slickers out of our element. Our photos demonstrated how enjoyable it all was.

There are several outfitters in Zion and based on reviews they all look good. We chose Red Desert because we felt it was personal, and it certainly was. They were also flexible when we wanted to bump our adventure to a day later (with a week’s notice).

Visited July 2014