“Canyoneering at its Best!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The 2 Owners of ZMS are the only AMGA (American Mountain Guide Association) Certified Rock Guide and AMGA Certified Rock Instructor active in Southwest Utah! All our certified and non-certified guides are active and experienced climbers who enjoy sharing their passion and their knowledge with others.Throughout the year, we offer all-levels of guided rock climbing, canyoneering, mtn biking, & backpacking. During the winter months, we guide all levels of ice climbing & backcountry skiing. We truly enjoy sharing these unique life experiences with new and old clients and friends.ZMS implements instructional and experiential based guiding that stems from many years of personal and professional experiences as both guides and instructors. This enables us to be the leading instructional school for all-levels of Rock Climbing, Canyoneering, and Ice Climbing in the Zion National Park area.All trips are private, and we will not combine you with people you do not know. We are a proud 1% For The Planet member, donating 1% of our sales to various environmental causes.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York City, New York
12 attraction reviews
“Canyoneering at its Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I'm not really sure how to begin this review other than to say that our 3-day 2-night canyoneering trip with Zion Mountain School (ZMS) was probably one of the best outdoor adventure trips we've ever taken!! A big part of that has to do with Ethan, our guide, who was one of the most engaging, interesting, and conscientious guides we've ever met. Thanks Ethan!! If you can, do the multi-day canyoneering trip. It's worth the cost. We went to Parunuweap Canyon, hiked into the canyon, saw Mineral Gulch, set up camp, and the next day spent our day wading, swimming, hiking, climbing, and rappelling through the canyon and through Fat Man's Misery. It was joyful, fun, exhilarating, and exhausting all at the same time. We were completely disconnected and there was not a soul around for 3 days which made the trip even more magical. We also got rained on, saw a mini-flash flood, ate good food around the camp fire, slept under the stars, and engaged in lots of great conversation. While my husband and I have been hiking and climbing a number of times before and are extremely active with Ironmans and marathons, even this trip was sufficiently rigorous and engaging. And the scenery is breathtaking. I seriously did not want to leave. ZMS and its guides are top notch. If you plan to canyoneer, do it in Zion Park, and definitely do it with ZMS.

Visited July 2014

Leeds, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Husband bought a pair of la sportiva approach shoes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Customer service here is fantastic the lady who served my husband yesterday was so friendly and patient. We also hired sticks for our track to narrows, was such a lovely lady. And today at a shop we bumped into her and asking us how we were and how our trek and boots were...she remembered! How lovely

Visited July 2014
Belmont, California
“An Amazing Two Days Of Canyoneering With ZMS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I had an amazing two days of canyoneering with Ethan at ZMS recently. I was a solo traveler who had never done canyoneering and had a slight fear of heights. Ethan's primary goal was safety. He was a great teacher who listened and allowed me to ask questions when I was not clear. I never felt rushed by him and he allowed another large group to pass us so that we did not feel pressured to move quickly, ultimately adding to the experience and helping me feel more secure. Ethan was flexible and made suggestions regarding our itinerary after asking what I wanted to achieve from the day. He even met me half way on day two so that I did not need to drive all the way in to Springdale from St. George. After this trip, I have decided to return in the future to learn technical climbing and hope that Ethan and ZMS will be available! Whether you are a solo traveler wanting to learn something new or a group, ZMS school is the best, I would recommend them to anyone wanting to experience Zion at another level!

Visited June 2014
bvifanBvifan
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome Adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

What a fantastic day! We had a group of 15 ranging in age from 20 to 54 and booked the all day cayoneering at Yankee Doodle Canyon. Our guides, Al, Jules, Stefan and Becky were wonderful. I was petrified as I am deathly afraid of heights and the thought of rappelling down an 80 foot cliff had me reconsidering the adventure! From the very first rappel I felt safe and in good hands. They were all very knowledgeable and made us feel safe. They were able to move our large group along with very little time wasted standing around waiting. We are looking forward to returning to Zion to experience another cayoneering day with Zion Mountain School!

Visited May 2014
Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
“Great day of canyoning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We did 'The Ultimate Day' with ZMS and were very impressed. Our guide, Al, was very professional, knowledgable, supportive and fun.

Al managed the day so we never ran into any other people and had the canyons all to ourselves. This was especially impressive given it was Memorial Day Weekend an Zion was packed! Al adjusted very quickly to the skill set of the group. Since we had done a bit of repelling before we were able to move quickly and get a lot packed into the day.

Overall very highly recommend ZMS and Al. If you want a professional guide, Zion Mountain School is the best place to go.

Visited May 2014