“Good pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Port Hueneme
“Good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have eaten here twice. It was recommended to me by the hotel staff. The first time it was some of best pizza I've ever had. The second time, the pizza was really good, but the center was a little bit soggy. The place was very busy both times and for good reason. I got around the wait line problem by ordering the pizza to go. The staff was friendly.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Understated menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We took a chance coming in here when there weren't many people eating here during prime time dining hours. But after looking around the other restaurants, the prices were lower for similar style pizzas in a different restaurant down the road.

We started with the spinach and artichoke dip. Found it too greasy and very filling.

I had my usual Hawaiian pizza (12" personal pan). It was Canadian bacon.

My sister had the chicken alfredo pasta and my mother the vegetable pasta. Generous portions.

Oddly, the menu on the website isn't as varied as the one offered in the restaurant. For example, there is no pasta section on the website menu but there was one in the restaurant menu. The restaurant decor is minimalist chic, tables, big open space, not much else going on.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Monte Porzio Catone, Italy
“It will be hard to find a better pizza in the US”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I visited the restaurant twice during my short stay in Springdale, on a canyoneering and hiking trip. Pizza is certainly not gourmet food, but for me it is always a good choice when I need something quick and tasty. It is difficult to be too disappointed by a pizza. Well, the "flying Monkey" pizzas were a real surprise for me. Being Italian, I found those pizzas much better than many I had in Italy, and certainly the best I had in the US. (I come to the US 4-5 times a year, since 30 years, so I have a good statistics.) It is done as it should, on firewood, slightly charred at the borders, soft and tender at the center. Toppings are your choice, but I prefer the traditional Italian/mediterranean ones, which I found very good. The quality of the bread is also remarkable. I will definitely stop there again on my yearly trips to my beloved Utah, and definitely recommend it to all pizza lovers.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gulf Coast, Mississippi
“Great pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Bought the pepperoni pizza...brick oven cooked. Loved it! Slightly greasy, but I may be a bit picky on that part.

Visited March 2013
Dothan, Alabama
“What's in a Name”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

What does a Flying Monkey have to do with probably the best pizza in town? I had mine with pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms and extra cheese. I was expecting the pizza topped with a scattering of my selections and was pleasantly surprised when the pizza was placed in front of me heaping with a generous amount of my toppings of choice. It was a struggle and I had all I could handle in finishing only 5 of the 8 slices. Fortunately they gave me a box for the left-overs which I took back to our room. I finished my pizza the next evening as I could not bring myself to throw away anything so good!

Visited March 2013