“Probably the best place I have ever stayed” 5 of 5 stars

Cable Mountain Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 Zion Park Blvd, Springdale, UT 84767-9401   |
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Mason, Ohio
“Probably the best place I have ever stayed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

My family absolutely loved staying here! It is right next to the Virgin River and the entrance to Zion NP. It is close to downtown Springdale too so the location is perfect. The rooms were fantastic with awesome dark trim and balconies with a great view of the Zion peaks. They perfectly fit our family of five and a very cool pull-down bed that my oldest son loved.

Everyone in the main office was also super-friendly and very helpful. They helped make suggestions about places to see, moved all of our luggage since we had to change rooms, gave us free movie tickets to the movie theater next door, and really went beyond all expectations.

If we come back to this area, I will make sure we can stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

A last minute reservation brought us quite accidentally to this wonderful hotel! ON planning out 1st family trip to Zion, I only left 2 months to book a hotel. Well, they were all booked, this was the only one who could accommodate us for 6 nights.

This hotel is right outside Zion park entrance, just 5 min walk from our room and we were in the park! The room we got was actually as big as a one bedroom apt with separate bedroom and kitchen. The decor was up to date and there was a great air conditioner.

The view was breathtaking Our room overlooked the pool, which still seemed quiet even while people were in it. The staff was friendly and everyone we met were so glad they were staying there.

The clean pool was refreshing after a long hike in Zion!

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I spent 6 nights at the Cable Mountain Lodge during a 10 day trip of the Grand Circle that included Zion, Grand Canyon and Bryce National Parks. I chose this lodge after careful review of the availabe hotels. For me Zion-Springdale was a perfect launching place for the other day trips. Cable Mountain Lodge was everything I expected. It is located next to the entrance of the Zion National Park, which makes it very convenient to take the shuttle to all the stops in the park and to the city of Springdale. Because of the wide range of day and night time temperatures in the desert, I was able to hike early morning (50's-70's)and returned mid-day (90's-100's) for siesta then returned to the park to hike later afternoon before sunset. I stayed at the deluxe suite which is like a nice luxury condo, way better than the Zion Lodge inside the park. There is a nice view of the Watchman Mountain from the parking lot that is next to the virgin river. The room has a large living area combined with a full kitchen (range, microwave, fridge, dishwasher and utensils) and dining area. I loaded up grocery in St George while driving from Vegas to Zion, and was able to cook for the entire week. Although there is no restaurant in the lodge, I was able to enjoy home-cooked meals (there are many restaurants in the area also in Springdale). They do provide excellent coffee in the room. The bathroom is modern with a tub. Hot water is plenty. The toilet is modern Japanese, complete with water rinse and dry. The bedroom is in a separate room with a balcony. The bed is high and very comfortable. Although there were two large flat screen TVs in the room, I chose not to watch during my refuge from city life. The room was well-maintained daily. Check-in was friendly and easy. The provided useful map and information plus free tickets to the Zion theater. For me this was a deluxe home at the footstep of a great park.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Vevay, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We just returned from a ten day trip to Colorado and Utah and our last night we booked Cable Mountain Lodge for its proximity to Zion National Park. The service staff was friendly and extremely helpful and the room was perfect for the four adults in our group. We enjoyed the clear, clean pool right after check-in and had a great nights rest. Two of us saw the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean 4" for half price on the big screen and loved it. One great advantage to staying here, is that there is a lovely kitchen in the room so that you can eat in if you want and also that after parking your vehicle, the Zion Shuttle will take you anywhere in Springdale or Zion National Park that you need to go. I told my husband "forget Hawaii, I want to spend time at this Lodge for a second honeymoon!"

Dixon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011 via mobile

The rooms, grounds and location are excellent. I will stay here again when I return to Zion. Very cozy clean and new. Nice kitchens with everything you need. Couldn't be in a better location. I was very happy.

• Stayed June 2011
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Reserved a Village Side Classic Suite with a AAA rate for about $143/night in May 2011. Although we had requested a second floor room, we received a first floor room that overlooked the parking lot and out toward the beautiful Zion cliffs. There was a lot of traffic that direction, which is a main thoroughfare to/from the lodge, and while we were able to park directly in front of the room, we didn't feel very secure or private -- so if you do reserve a Village Side room, insist upon a second floor room.

The room (#113) was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. It is equipped with an almost full kitchen -- complete with fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher (!) and stove; it's only missing an oven. The adjacent dining area seated four.

The king bed was enormous and tall; at 5' 3" I had to do a little hop to get onto the bed. Overall, the bed was comfortable, but there were too many large decorative bed pillows. At night, we had to stack them on the table -- they must've been four-feet high! -- and it became a bit of a nightly chore.

The bathroom was spacious, too, with a wide expanse between the sink and toilet and the granite shower. With all of that space, coupled with a high ceiling and a wide gap under the door, sounds echoed -- voices or... whatever. Consider yourself warned.

Despite the few, very minor negatives I noted on this trip, I would not hesitate to stay at the Cable Mountain Lodge again. It's within walking distance of Zion, as well as a Zion and/or Springdale shuttle stop which makes getting around the park or the town so easy. [I recommend Wildcat Willie's for some good food and kitschy western decor.]

Additionally, you get a free pass to a Zion show at the IMAX theater next door, and/or a discount for the other shows. [The Zion show was okay -- on the corny side -- but would be worthwhile on a really hot summer day.]

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Middletown, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

2 minute walk to the entrance to Zion NP! Clean! Spascious room with kitchen, family room, nice sized Bedroom and large bathroom. Very quiet. Did not hear any outside noise... Will absolutely be back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Cable Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!