“Excellent hosts and great food.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yosemite Peregrine Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yosemite National Park
Yosemite Peregrine Lodging
You added Yosemite Peregrine Lodging to your Saves list
7507 Henness Circle, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389   |
Cambridgeshire
“Excellent hosts and great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

We stayed at the same time as Samswalker. Our room was the Panorama and was spacious, clean and with a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker.
Both breakfasts were excellent and home made fayre accompanied by excellent host service.
The location is OK for the road to Glacier point and its various sights but it's about a 20 minute drive to the Valley. There are no nearby food options so be prepared to drive out\back for the evening meal.

Wifi is available and worked fine.

Overall a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

We recently stayed two nights at the Yosemite Peregrine. We arrived earlier than expected and Melissa let us deposit our bags in our room so we could go out and explore. We stayed in a room on the lower level next to the breakfast room. It had a nice handpainted mural on the wall. As stated in other reviews the room was comfortable and had a small refrigerator for beverages and snacks. The breakfast was delicious! We made arrangements for a tour starting at 8:30 am on the second day of our stay and told Melissa that we wouldn't be able to be at breakfast. She said that she would pack us a breakfast to take with us which was very nice. The location of the Yosemite Peregrine is very close to all the sites near Glacier Point and about a 30-40 minute drive to the Valley.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Southern Calif
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

We stayed three nights in the "Panorama" room that was very clean, spacious and very comfortable. The color schemes of the walls and furnishings (Western Theme) all blended well and were a nice change from the "chain" hotel themes. All the amenities (TV, fridge, microwave, hair dryer, etc.) were up-to-date and functional. The room also had a small deck with chairs and a view of the hillside. Covered garage parking was also available. All this led to a great value!

The managers were very accomodating to our needs and sociable. The breakfasts were delicious, very appealing to the eye and something we looked forward to each day. It was readily apparent that each meal was planned with great care.

The managers also gave us tips each day on what sites to see and they checked on weather reports and road closures for us. The weather this time of year is very unpredictable. They also loaned us their personal Yosemite Guide to use for two days.

The location is centrally located to all the popular sites and worked out well for us. We had a great stay and will definitley return again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

We stayed in the Panorama Room for 3 nights in May, and it had everything we needed, including small refrigerator for snacks, because restaurants were at least 30 minutes away, and our hostess, Melissa, was kind enough to let us know before we arrived. The room was clean, the bed comfy, and there was absolutely no noise from neighboring rooms. The breakfast was delicious and filling. We never needed lunch. Our host and hostess were very generous with info about the park, directions, good walks, and anything else we asked. We would definitely stay here over a motel in the Village. It was about 30 minutes from the center of the activity in the Village, but that was fine for us.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

I just finished reading ALL the reviews.
I stayed at 7507 Henness Circle, where Desmond and Melissa are the managers. I also went to the owners house, who are now retired, for wine, snacks and great conversation.
I have stayed in four different places inside and outside Yosemite Valley. I always consider anywhere I go or stay to be "an adventure". I received exactly what I paid for.... location, great breakfast and comfort. Of course it's expensive.... isn't everything??? I have to admit that I was looking for a place in Yosemite West because it was close to Badger Pass where I was snowshoeing. I was so lucky to find the Yosemite Peregrine B&B. It was the best price I found and I was not disappointed with anything. Sure it's not the Valley but I wasn't going to camp or stay in a tent cabin during the winter. I drove to the Yosemite Valley twice..... it is heaven on earth and always worth the drive.
I will be going back because I loved it all; the location, the rooms, the artwork on the walls, the breakfasts, the price, the managers and the owners. They gave everything that they promised on their website and were very very accommodating... all you had to do was ASK.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

We arrived the Sunday of Labor day in the late afternoon and Kay and Don invited us upstairs for appetizers and a drink. They also provided us with some information about the park. That night we drove down to the Valley and watched the sun set and stopped in the grocery store that was in Yosemite Valley. We picked up a 6pk of beer and items to make sandwiches for the next two days. It was a very beautiful drive down to the Valley. It did take around 25 minutes form what I remember.

The Yosemite part of our California Trip was my husband’s responsibility. He knew I was scared of bears and would be uncomfortable in a tent and the cabins were all booked. We really wanted to stay in the Park, since we read driving in and out will waste a lot of time. My husband found this great little B & B in the park. It looked like a tree house.

We had a very spacious room with a fireplace and a great deck. I could not believe how many stars I was able to see while we were sitting on the deck. The room also had a mini fridge great to keep my sodas and water cold. The room was very basic, but very clean. It did not really have TV channels but we were there only two nights and were fine with it. The breakfasts that Kay made were great. There was plenty of food and was well prepared. I really loved the Tortilla Omelets she made they were delicious!

Kay and Don have spent a lot of time at this park and they know it so well and are a great help. They also have fabulous stories! We had a great stay here, and would recommend to anyone.

I also think there is some confustion with the reviews. My review is for the Bed & Breakfast and not for the Condo’s that are across the road.

• Liked — I like the location. I also loved our view from the deck at night!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
SF
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

I stayed recently with my wife at their Sonora Sky room.
1. When we asked the owner for another bagel (we received only one) he told us that the "allowance" for the room is one bagel and refused to give us another bagel.
2. The AM-FM radio in our room had only one volume setting: Full-Volume, so it was impossible to use the radio (there is almost no TV reception in the place). (Note they charge $170 per night and cannot afford a new $15 AM-FM radio!)
3. You eat your breakfast on a 1.5' diameter "table".
4. The place cost $170 per night but it is 1.5 stars standard.
5. When the outdoor temperature was below freezing, it was impossible to raise the room temperature above 71 def. F.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Attitude of owner - none, nada, zero
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
peregrineYosemite, owner at Yosemite Peregrine Lodging, responded to this review, January 3, 2009
While we thought a Continental breakfast should be quite adequate, as it had cereal, fruit, breads, etc. we realized from comments and online reviews that guests wanted more. So, we have recently upgraded both our rooms and our breakfast. By January 15 you will be able to go to our website and see our newly redecorated rooms and our lovely new guest lounge area where you will be served a scrumptious hot breakfast. We now have satellite TV/DVD in all bedrooms and wireless as well as a computer for your use. Please join us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yosemite National Park
Curry Village
Curry Village
#6 of 26 in Yosemite National Park
4.0 of 5 stars 2,753 reviews

Been to Yosemite Peregrine Lodging? Share your experiences!