We rented a studio unit for 4 nights. When we checked in we were told to check and see if the fireplace turns on. When we arrived to our room, the sofabed was sticking up with the cushions stacked on the only other two chairs in the living room. The frame was bent and unable to be made into a sofa. Fortunately, we weren't planning to use it for a bed, but neither could we sit on it. The fireplace did not come on, so we called the office to report the sofa and fireplace. We were offered a free night for the sofa and the promise of fixing it in the morning. Someone came later that night to turn on the fireplace for us. We hiked Clouds Rest the next day and came back very tired. When we walked in, the sofa was in the same condition. We called the office again. They told us that someone would come out and that they were waiting on a shipment of beds. Later, 2 workers came and took out the old sofabed, put in a new one only to discover that it didn't fit. So they stuffed a mattress in there and put the cushions on top....and that's how it stayed. My issues are: 1) that they knew when we checked in that the sofabed was not in working order and never said anything about it. They also knew that the fireplace wasn't working, why else were we told to check it? 2) we had workers in our room for 2 out of the 4 nights we were there. 3) When we checked out, we had to stand our ground on the promise of the free night. They would not freely acknowledge our situation. After much discussion, they gave us a refund for the one night.
Other minor complaints are that the coffee pot was not cleaned out, out of the four lights above the downstairs bath only one worked, and the screen door to the patio was not attached just sitting there so we were not able to have fresh air. Also, the remote to the skylight was missing and didn't find out till we checked out that we were supposed to ask for it.
In summary, I didn't mind the "rustic" accomodations that others complained about, but it was clear to me that the leadership in the maintenance department is severly lacking. Also, the office help could be a ton friendlier. The prices are good for the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located 20 minutes from Yosemite Valley floor and only 5 minutes from Badger ski pass. You can drive to Glacier point in less then 20 minutes. We care about our guests more then anything else. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Yosemites Four Seasons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemites 4 Seasons Vacation Rentals
- Yosemites Four Seasons Vacation Rentals Hotel Yosemite National Park