I experienced the same as other recent posters - this review refers to the cabins, not the rooms. The bad: at check-in, bathroom floor dirty, coffee pot not cleaned, tile grout very dirty, tile loose. Bathroom door would not close easily and walls were dirty. Spiders and other insect critters present. Newspaper didn't show up at room until almost 9 AM. The good - main facility is beautiful, nice valley location. I also stayed at the Yosemite Lodge for 1 night and Tenaya Lodge for 1 night. Yosemite Lodge best value given it's location and price. Tenaya by far the nicest facility - great restaurant, pool, facility looks newly renovated - but I prefer the convenience of the valley - and the "lodge" was adequate with food and the falls close by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 - With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your The Ahwahnee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park