We spent three nights at the Ahwahnee. It has its charm if not value, and hiking down the Panorama Trail was memorable. The Ahwahnee was supposed to be the highlight of our trip to California to celebrate 30 years of employment and a birthday. However, our stay in Yosemite was almost ruined by the old school condescending maitre d’ staff in the dining room. We called to complain to higher management and this led to the matter being resolved. Let higher management know if you get treated poorly or experience a lack of hospitality, for dining operations appear to be under scrutiny. We stayed in many hotels throughout California and would like to give shoutouts to the Omni in San Francisco (exceptional professionalism) and the Spanish Garden Inn in Santa Barbara (handsdown our favourite). Dining worth mentioning were Redd in Napa (superb), the Edgewater in South Lake Tahoe (gorgeous sunsets), and for the more adventurous the Golden Era in San Francisco which is in the Tenderloin, so keep the bling at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 - With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your The Ahwahnee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park