Beautiful setting in a majestic location, how can you go wrong? Drove in for a 2 day stay from the north bay area with spectacularly clear vistas so photographs were absolutely splendid all the way into the valley. The Ahwahnee is the perfect hotel in the most awesome of locations. Soaring ceiling heights resplendant with carved wood in the interior give way to awe inspiring views of the exterior as sheer granite walls surround the former front of the hotel. Everything about the hotel is comforting and charmingly classic. If you have the time, sign up @ the front desk/concierge desk for the historical tour. It will certainly enlighten you, especially if you consider the manpower and time it took to construct such a grand lady.
If you go in the late winter/early spring, don't forget to bring chains. It snowed for our drive out. (More great pix!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 - With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your The Ahwahnee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park