Those who criticize The Ahwahnee for being old don't understand the historical importance of this place and worse, they don't enjoy the opportunity to experience the wonderful charm that is in every corner of this iconic property.
Visiting Yosemite National Park is an unique experience but staying at The Ahwahnee adds an extra layer of magic. The lobby and the common areas are kept like they were once this place opened in the 1920's. The rooms were updated and they have flat screen TV, nice amenities, wifi and beautiful views.
The service is outstanding. Every one we talked to was very helpful and pleasant.
The restaurant is pricey, but it is a memorable experience.
Overall, if you can afford it, this is the place to be when visiting Yosemite. Let yourself go back in time an experience an era long gone!
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- The Ahwahnee Hotel
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 - With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your The Ahwahnee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.