Stayed in 6th floor, most expensive suite ($1,000 plus/night). The sheets had holes in them. The ice "machine" was an ice bucket next to the elevator where I saw guests use their hands to retrieve the ice. (does the health dept. know about this?) Took 13 hours for housekeeping to pick up a discarded tray of food next to the elevator. The waiter in the grand restaurant was at best socially awkward and at worst, just snarky. Would have ordered more drinks and dessert, but literally could not find wait staff. Internet only available if you stand next to your window or leave the hotel. I even tried to contact the Ahwahnee management several times on their own facebook page to address my issues before posting on tripadvisor, but never heard back.
I know this is a world famous hotel with copious history, awards, etc, etc., but it is run down and the staff is indifferent. From their point of view, why work hard if your hotel has a monopoly?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 - With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your The Ahwahnee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park