The rooms are expensive, but you are staying in history, and right in the heart of Yosemite park.
The building is beautiful and full of charm. The fireplace had a person standing in it, to stoke the roaring fire in the grand living room.
Our room, 304, has an amazing view of waterfall. Staying here in Spring, there are waterfalls everywhere.
The room is small, but not cramped. The bed is big and comfortable and feels like I'm staying in Grandmas bed. The bathroom is cute and complete with original fittings. The bath is small but enough to soak in after walking the trails.
There is a connecting door to the next room, that remained locked, but from somewhere we could here loud creaking and groaning of floorboards or walls settling. Not disturbing, tho.
The bar has vreasonable priced meals. The restaurant is a bit more expensive but worth it for a splurge of glamour.
We ate out once at the village food court to save money but it wasn't that much cheaper. So the rest of our meals were here at the lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 - With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline and Otel so you can book your The Ahwahnee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park