If the Awhannee were anywhere but at the crown jewel of national parks it would be just ok. It is wildly overpriced. It is a fine old hotel, ragged around the edges, needs updating and upgrading and anywhere else it would be a weak 3 star hotel. The halls are dirty, the food is awful and very over priced, with amateur waitstaff. The lobby is pretty with old uncomfortable furniture, and the service over all is not very good. We had to ask them to light the fire in their flagship fireplace..and they did, but it took about an hour. This is where they advertise "cocktails by the roaring fire." All in all an ok hotel that is so expensive that it has to lead to exorbitant expectations.
That being said, it is in the most magnificent setting ever! There are other overnight locations in the park but most are booked months in advance. We booked here quite late and it was available due to the hefty price tag no doubt.
So, start saving, and lower your expectations and enjoy the most spectacular park in the USA !
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 - With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Ahwahnee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.