I'm with most other reviewers on this. The Ahwahnee is/was magical. They will charge a top price and stay booked, supply and demand; but what a shame the folks running the thing don't feel a sense of duty to the history of the place to get in character, but then this is CA - the land of envy and forced egalitarianism. One thing to watch out for. We booked through the main www site, and got signed up for some high dollar nature hike each day w/o authorization. Turns out we were not alone in this. The check in gal got it reversed, but keep an eye out. In any case stay here is you can swing it, but think of it as a museum tour rather then an real time experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 - With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your The Ahwahnee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park