Wife, daughter and I stayed three nights in The Ahwahnee in the course of an October Yosemite visit. The public areas are beautiful, the rooms are small and worn. The restaurant is fine for one dinner but the menu is not extensive and nothing changes from night to night. The breakfast buffet is very good and it is impressive how they succeed in mass producing high quality Eggs Benedict. The hotel staff is typical Yosemite -- good people who know their stuff. The dining room staff is a bit of an anomaly as I am seldom served anymore by folks who are older than I am ... but no contest here! Maybe my expectations were too high but I just was not impressed by The Ahwahnee. Yosemite Lodge is a better choice for in-park accommodations. As an aside, the park was lovely in October, the weather was great and some of the falls were still running.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 - With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your The Ahwahnee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park