My wife and I decided to spend a few days in the fall at Yosemite and signed up for the Vintners' Holiday. This was a welcome experience. Arrived Sunday the 4th of Nov and attended the welcome reception, where we could taste four different wines from the four wineries participating in the event. A very nice crowd in a great mood and everybody seemed to be there to have a pleasant time. The wineries participating in our event where Wild Horse, Simi, Halleck and Louis M. Martini. It was a time to learn about wine making, tasting and mingling with the winemakers at a beautiful setting. The fall in Yosemite showed lots of colors of reds and yellows, but little water. There was no water in Yosemite Falls and a trickle in the Merced river, but that created a peace and quiet in the valley. My wife and I walked all over the valley and enjoyed the wonderful weather (72F) and scenery and took a lot of pictures. If you have never been to Yosemite in the fall, try it. No crowds and peace and quiet. Of course we were fortunate with the weather, because a storm was coming in that weekend. No chains for us required. We enjoyed the Vintners' Holidays and if you like tasting wine and mingled with a great group of people you should definitely try it. By the way we stayed at Yosemite Lodge and used the shuttle bus service available free in the valley.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 - With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ahwahnee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park