Stayed here with a friend of mine in Feb '00. My friend was doing his final thesis project at a location in Yosemite. He needed a driving buddy so I said I would tag along since I had never been there before. We weren't planning on staying originally, just a drive up and back down. We left early in the morning, drove up, walked around, then before we knew it, we were tired and it was dark. So instead of driving back down we decided to see if they had a room available and we would just share a room. Luckily they had a room available with 2 beds so we took it.
The hotel is very historic and rustic. When you walk in you can't hep but feel like you stepped back in time to a secluded chalet in the mountains. The enormous living room and dining room are quite the things to see and experience while there. The room itself was a good size too considering it was a standard. We had 2 full size beds, a couple of nightstands, dresser, and a simple bathroom. We didn't get to use any of the other amenities other than sitting in the living room and enjoying the giant fireplace.
We got a decent break on the room, but it was certainly one of those once-in-a-lifetime things. There are also other options available inside and outside the valley, but this is a unique place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 - With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Priceline so you can book your The Ahwahnee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park