I've stayed at numerous hotels with National Parks and other similar age hotels before and this was the worst. Compared to other National Park hotels it is considerably overpriced (3-4 times more expensive). Yes, it does have stunning views but then so do the other National Park hotels. Other similar age hotels are also cheaper and of a lot better quality.
The room we were in, which I assume was the norm, was tired, dated and basic. Not even a coffee machine. Reference was made to the "historic" Indian motif borders which were being redone - sorry, but B&Q/Home Depot sell nicer stuff at a $1.99 a roll.
I also never read far enough into the dining room guide to hear about the collared shirt dress code. Again, I've dined in nicer/fancier hotels and ave never been turned away before. Not what I expected here.
Book somewhere else in the area and use the $300+ saved for another night somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 - With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ahwahnee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park