“Location Can't Be Beat...Could Use Some Improving” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Yosemite Lodge At The Falls

You added Yosemite Lodge At The Falls to your Saves list
Yosemite Lodge At The Falls
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9006 Yosemite Lodge Dr, P.O. Box 578, Yosemite National Park, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389   |
Long Beach, California
“Location Can't Be Beat...Could Use Some Improving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Yosemite Lodge at the Falls has always been a bit of a conundrum for me. It is in an incredible location, but service, rooms and food options have always been subpar. On my latest stay here, I will say that the front desk service was MUCH better. The woman (I think her name was Leslie) who checked me in was quite pleasant (as opposed to grouchy old man last time) and took her time to find the perfect room for me. I requested a second floor, renovated room in a quiet location with a good view (didn't care if it was of the Falls, since they are literally right across the street). Anyway, I got 50% of what I requested. It was not a second floor room, but I had no one above me the entire stay (thank you!) and it was only partially renovated (bathroom was good, but carpet was stained and felt creepy). HOWEVER, once again, this lodge will keep me coming back because overall, the room was perfect. It was in a quiet out of the way building with a beautiful view of the woods and I could literally walk right out my door onto trails that led down to the Merced River. The room was actually quite cozy and when it was time to leave, I didn't want to! Also, had a great experience at the bike rental place on the property...really friendly guy that worked there who helped me pick out a great bike...and SO much fun exploring Yosemite on a bike! The food...well...about the same. Still don't like the food court, but had a decent spinach salad there one evening. The Mountain Room is okay...had dinner there one night. I do love that they put refrigerators in the rooms now...so I actually brought my first two dinners with me, which worked out great after a long day of hiking and biking. Anyway, bottom line is that I will probably be back and I just hope that they keep upgrading the place and keep good friendly staff. It really does make such a difference. One thing is for sure though, I would never stay here during the summer months since there is no AC. They do have a decent ceiling fan and smaller fan in the room, but I suspect it could get really warm in those rooms during summer. Oh, and one other thing that desperately needs improving is the "mountain wifi"....it was extremely slow and sometimes was completely unaccessible....but I guess you are kind of coming here to disconnect...so another conundrum :).

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (615)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here for a night and the room was perfect for three guys. One double and then some roomy bunk beds to accommodate us all (be aware the bunk beds are not suitable for children as they're challenging to climb up into). The room was pretty good value, good shower but a bit dim on the lights front. Restaurants and wifi on site are both good. If you want your own bathroom rather than shared this is a good place to stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here for 1 night on a road trip between vegas and San francisco. What a great location, but obviously you are paying a premium price to stay in the yosemite valley. The accommodation was comfortable, and had WiFi included, which was a bonus for us international travellers. The room was slightly dated, although within our expectation given the location.
We had dinner at the lodge restaurant which was above average food (with a slightly higher price than the foodcourt). We had the rainbow trout and the lamb chops, both were great. It would be nice if breakfast had been included in the price... though at least the purchase options are plentiful.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The outside of the building is very rustic but the room inside was a very clean, well decorated facility and spacious! Very quite, front porch patio with table and chairs.
Yes, would stay and recommend staying at this facility!

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Of all the places in the Yosemite Valley- we always have always enjoyed the Yosemite Lodge. Best bang for your buck by far. Should we return we would definitely make it part of our plan. It was clean, quiet and very comfortable. I would share the room number but then we would never be fortunate enough to get that room again- suffice it to say- one window showed us the sunrise over Half Dome and the main window was a view of Yosemite Falls- outstanding!!!
The bed was hugely spacious and so comfortable. Cannot say that we watched much TV but it was nice to have for early morning coffee and news.
I would highly recommend that my family and friends come enjoy the experience of Yosemite-one of the most spectacular places on earth.

Room Tip: Best kept secret-
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great visit to the park and the lodge is a very convenient place to stay. Much of the valley is accessible by shuttle, and there are two stops around the lodge, one of which is at the main office. Our room was clean and comfortable and this was a great base from which to explore the park. There are multiple options for food on the lodge property, just be aware of the time they close if visiting off peak season (some places in the park closed at 5:30 PM and the food options at the lodge closed as 8:00 PM during the spring when we were there). The bar, with limited food options, was open until 10:00 PM.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Turangi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

In my opinion you're paying for the location and the location only. Otherwise, this is an $80 motel unit at best. Room was off in the Juniper block so we trundled over, climbed the staircase with suitcase and opened up. And now we begin.The room was dim even with all the lights on. There was nice long black hair in the bath awaiting out arrival and the shower, oh the shower. So you turn on the shower and wait about 5 minutes for it to get to operating temperature, which is scolding hot. Turn it down a tad and nothing. Turn it down a tad more; nothing. Turn it down a bit more and then it's freezing. Then you have to through the entire process again, and again, and again. It took 20, that's 20! minutes just to get the shower at a temperature I could handle. Turn the knob while you're in there and you have to get out mid shower and start again unless you want 2nd degree burns or frost bite. And don't expect to connect to the outside world. Free Wifi is offered but is non existent. Couldn't receive mail, google information, routes etc or even book my onward hotel unless I did it in the middle of the day. I'd suggest getting your own food at the store. We had breakfast at the canteen. rubber eggs, cold potatoes and not sure what animal the sausage was from. I'm not going to tar all the staff with the same brush. The guy surveying pancakes was very polite and the wife said they were good but the lady on the hot breakfast counter was ignorant and rude and was muttering about other customers under her breath. Look lady, if you whisper, people can't hear you and for many, english is their second language. A little politeness goes a long way.
My advice; spend a couple of nights at curry village in the tents and then treat yourself at the Ahwahnee.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Yosemite Lodge At The Falls? Share your experiences!