“Yosemite Lodge Nov 2014” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yosemite Lodge At The Falls

You added Yosemite Lodge At The Falls to your Saves list
Yosemite Lodge At The Falls
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9006 Yosemite Lodge Dr, P.O. Box 578, Yosemite National Park, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389   |
Waipahu
“Yosemite Lodge Nov 2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

A very good and convenient place to stay with a great view of the Yosemite falls and easy dining choices available at the location. Try to get to the food court as it opens because the wait and the line can be terrible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the food court.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel deserves 0 stars, only trip advisor won't let me do that, so I rated 1 star. I Stayed November with a family of 5.
We arrived about 4.30pm and there was quite a long line for check in but it moved fairly quickly. Parking appears to be relatively limited, I think had this been summer there would have been fights over parking spaces. Get here during the transition time between check out and check in to ensure you get one.

Wifi is free and somewhat reliable, although slow so don't use it unless you're desperate.

The lodge itself is cute and the surrounds are breathtakingly beautiful. There is an onsite tour office where you can book your tours.

Rooms are very nice, and add to the overall feel of the resort, although they are lacking in amenities. There is heating but no cooling. Not a problem for us as we came in November but in summer I can foresee many restless, sweaty nights! There is also no microwave in your room, and according to the front desk, no way of getting one. This is the first of 2 big problems that make the resort more than deserving of a 0 star rating.

Seeing as you cannot have your own microwave, and there is no other way for you to get boiling water within your room, if you have a formula fed baby you will need to head down to the front desk to use their microwave just to heat their milk up. This is if they even let you use it however, as we were told on our last morning that it was for staff only, (even though we had been using it for the first day and a half of our stay) and that we have to use the "guest" microwave in the food court (which, coincidentally was broken during our stay) or the gift shop microwave (which is only open limited hours). When I asked the front desk how I am expected to feed my son, staff member Barbara (I don't like to name names but she well and truly deserves to be named and shamed) on the front desk proceeded to lecture me and give me step by step for dummies instruction on how to prepare baby formula. Not only was her delivery condescending and unrequired, but her 'advice' was outright wrong. I have 3 kids I think I know how it works, I don't need rude people like her to tell me. Our 3 month old baby had to go hungry on the last morning until the gift shop opened (which didn't open until 9am even though scheduled is 8am) as we were unable to prepare new formula bottles for him due to having no method of boiling any water available to us.

The other area where the lodge really suffered, is dining. The onsite restaurant is busy, expensive, wait staff are over worked and poorly trained, and meals are lackluster at best. I ordered the "big" steak, and not only was it not "big" at all, that is all that I got, a steak and an over-cooked potato. For $38. I had to go via the onsite convenience store afterwards to get some more food.

The other food option is a "food court". The service here was very very very very very slow, they were understaffed, and the staff that were on were stressed and cranky as a result. At dinner time I.e From 5.30pm all the way until close at 8pm, lines were ridiculously long. I'd hate to think what it's like peak season. Avoid avoid avoid at all costs!

The convenience store/gift shop sells limited frozen meals, but due to the above 2 unsuitable options, there is a long long long line of people waiting to use the solitary microwave to warm their food up.

I loved my time in Yosemite, and found myself dreading coming back to the lodge each evening. Accommodation within Yosemite is limited, and because of this it appears as though the Operating company of the lodge has no desire to help their guests enjoy their time here. If I came to Yosemite again I would either stay somewhere else and drive in each day, or camp, as well as bring with me my own food and some method of cooking it, as well as a method of heating up water. Yes, the lodge really is THAT bad.

Room Tip: Choose one further from the road and town squarenfor a quieter experience.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

First you have the magnificent location of Yosemite National Park, with awesome scenery and outdoor activities that suit everyone in the family. Next the moderately priced Lodge is conveniently located near to major sites and wonderful hiking or biking trails. There is also a choice of eating venues at the Lodge itself: cafeteria style or the Mountain Lodge Dining room. The rooms suited us very well. First floor rooms have patio with privacy screen Most have outdoor entrances. Some rooms are set up for families. The lodging is very clean and staff were all great. The King bed is very comfortable and bedding was clean and more than adequate for very cool Fall weather. Heating unit worked very well and was not noisy. Nice storage space and refrigerator. The bathroom was recently renovated and large shower, no tub. We were in Laurel Unit at the very end of the housing units. Plenty of free parking here while we were there. If neighbors are loud, you will probably hear them, but we have always had an end unit and this has not been a problem. Reservations can be made on line at Park site and check in and check out smooth and quick. Yosemite is a gem and the Lodge makes it affordable and comfortable way to enjoy all the Park has to offer.

Room Tip: End rooms might be quieter. First floor if you want a patio. Second floor if you prefer balcony. Hem...
Fresno, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great place to be, anytime of the year. The service is good, the food is good, but the park is really why we go. Walking through the park with the golden leaves raining down on us is a wonderful experience.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
North Fork, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Yosemite, America's cathedral, breathtaking views. Rooms are clean and comfortable, but could use upgraded heating units. The portable floor heater made it all ok though. Will definitely be returning.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

There are only a few choices within Yosemite Village - The Lodge is in the middle. I'm not a camper anymore - which is essentially what is available at Curry Village and the Ahwahnee is out of my price range at $500/night. The staff is incredible, the rooms are warm, comfortable beds, great bathrooms and a patio. A short walk away is the breathtaking Yosemite Falls. The big restaurant is well priced with really incredible food and service. The food court is typical but works for breakfast and snacks. You cannot beat the location - the shuttle picks you up right in front of the lobby. I would not go to Yosemite in the Summer as I live in California and avoid the regular tourism spots at high season - but there is nothing like staying inside the park - in the Village. The staff (again) was informed, accommodating, friendly. The location is amazing and the property is great. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are packing light and can get your bags upstairs, the upstairs rooms have better views.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stay at the lodge, such a great price, wonderful rooms and immediate access to the trails. Yosemite Point above the upper falls was the highlight trail, went at sunrise and saw no people and lots of wild life. November is a great time to have the place to yourself.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Yosemite Lodge At The Falls? Share your experiences!