It's hard to not like a place that gives you a treat as soon as you walk in. As we entered we could see a doe and fawn right outside on our patio. Later on a short hike we saw anotehr doe. This one walked slowly past our son just two feet away.
The room was a bit dated but clean. It was fairly large which hlped with four of us staying there. I don't think we ever got our thermostat to work so modulated the room temperature with the windows. Overall the room was a couple steps above our room at the Grand Canyon a couple of years ago.
The location is the strongets part of the Lodge. Being in Yosemtie Valley save a lot of travel time. The falls are right across the street for a fantastic view. Our view would have been better earlier in the summer when the water flow is heavier. The shuttle bus service makes it easy to get to and from the vistor center area. Curry Village, on the other hand, takes quite a bit of bus time. The valley floor tours start from right in front of the main building.
Parking can be a hassle in Yosemite. The last time my wife and I visited we were not staying in the parks and had to drive around for quite awhile looking for a spot. It looked like that type of problem when we were there this time. The good news is that the hotel lots are for lodge customers after 6:00 PM. Still we were abel to find a spot near our building before that time.
The one disappointing part of the lodge was the food court. The food was not that good was overpriced and took too long to get. My wife and daughter waited almost 25 minutes at the pasta station and they were third in line. They both said the ceasar salad was very good. Next time I would try the Mountain View Lounge for appetizers if we have the kids. If not, I would eat at the Mountain Room Restaurant. (Or more likely be at Awhannee.)
Oh, there is free wifi for guests. The signal was relatively week which was an issue with our son.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your Yosemite Lodge At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Yosemite Falls Lodge