While I understand you pay a premium to stay in the park, the cost of the room was extremely overpriced for the quality ($140USD mid week in November) Check in although slow was fine, it's slightly daunting when most of your check in revolves around cleaning your car so bears don't smell anything and the delightful Hantavirus.
The room was very dated, classic 60's all round. There was a built in heater but we couldn't work out how to use, lucky it wasn't that cold and we didn't need it. There was only one accessible power point half hidden behind a bed which was annoying to try and charge cameras etc. The beds were ok, however the second bed wasn't made up although looked like it, by the time we realised it the bed sheets were dirty. The bathroom was old but clean, I liked that the sink was outside of the bathroom but looked and felt like it was about to fall off the wall. The room was also very dark which didn't help the drab and dim interior.
You could hear everything that happened in the hallway, lucky we had an early start or the constant banging of doors and people talking in the hallway would have been annoying. Also lighting outside was terrible, walking to and from the room and main buildings was hard as you couldn't see paths clearly.
We ate at the restaurant for dinner which was very nice and got a quick (and noisy) breakfast in the cafeteria which was ok. The floor tour is a MUST for all visitors.
Overall I was disappointed by room and wouldn't stay there again, Yosemite was amazing but the cost wasn't worth the room and I'm glad we shortened our stay by a night.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Yosemite Lodge At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.