Having not been to Yosemite since i was a kid, i stayed here 2 nights (9-18 and 9-19). I was tremendously disappointed and wished that i had splurged to stay at the Awhahnee Lodge or at Wawona. There is nothing Lodge like about this hotel, but rather it is a sort of barracks. There is a building where you go to register and then there are these 1 and 2 story pods with the guest rooms. There is no large fireplace. There is a formal restaurant (the large picture windows in the professional photo shown) that does not face the park, but rather the meeting area for the 10 busses that drop off tourists to use the bathroom or to buy coffee in the food court (yes, that is its name- Food Court).
The room i had in the Birch pod (4704) was large, had two double beds, a small fridge, large LCD TV, and was very dark and worn. The carpet was worn and dirty, and had not ben vacuumed in a while. There are warnings everywhere about the rodents and the disease/virus that has been found (which i found rather shocking). The bed was very uncomfortably hard. Unlike others, i did not find the front desk staff helpful. Checkin took 15 minutes and there was no one in front of me, plus their instructions on how to find the Birch pod was not clear (but i will admit i was very tired). Parking was impossible to find if you arrive either while the busses are dropping/picking up large tour groups (they blocked me in for 30 minutes) or after dark (if you go to see the sunset at Glacier Point). The good thing is they keep light pollution down but as a result, bring a flashlight if you need to go from a remote parking area to your pod. There is an ice machine that is operated by your metal room key in the pod near the reception building.
If you insist on staying here, do not buy through otel.com - go through DNC (Delaware North Corp) as i would have gotten breakfast included, whereas through otel.com it was not (a nuance i did not see until the night before my trip). This was mildly better than camping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Yosemite Lodge At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Yosemite Falls Lodge