The only plus point of the Lodge is its location. But for that location you have to pay quite a lot for service/rooms which are the equivalent of a Travelodge. We had limited time in the park so being in the park was a major plus. However, if you're going for more than a couple of days then look into staying at Wawona or Yosemite View Lodge.
Rooms have no air con and we visited in 40 degrees c plus. Bear in mind that wildlife is all around (mainly squirrels) so you can't leave your doors (no windows!) open at night. Our ceiling fan was useless.
The Lodge has a tour desk and a lot of the tours start from there. This is handy but this means there is lots of extra traffic and people at various times of the day who aren't guests. Weekends are exceptionally busy.
My biggest disappointment was with the level of service. We'd booked a king room but were given a twin as there were no kings left when we checked in (dead on the 5pm check in time). The hotel staff wouldn't move us even though the next day a room was available. My opinion is that the staff aren't there to serve you. They treat you with contempt and you just have to put up with it as you have no alternative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Yosemite Lodge At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Yosemite Falls Lodge