Others have commented on the “remodelled” rooms. We were initially pleased to be given a remodelled room in the Maple block with a balcony. As the room was on the ground floor, the “balcony” amounted to a bit of concrete next to the main footpath from the car park, so no privacy, and no view. The re-modelling seemed to involve painting the walls in a dull rusty colour, perhaps in an attempt to re-capture the look of years of nicotine staining on old motel walls; and fitting the lights with almost opaque shades of a similar colour. The result was a room which felt like a dungeon.
The final straw was when we found that we had to un-plug one of the meagre light fittings to plug the TV in.
We asked to change rooms and were moved to an un-remodelled room in the Alder block which was on the upper floor. This was light, airy, had a private balcony at the rear overlooking woodland; and a view of Yosemite Falls to die for from the front. Wonderful! So: think twice before you ask for a remodelled room.
Pity no aircon, or tea/coffee-making facilities in the room, so basically a pretty average motel room but in an incredible location.
By the time we reached Yosemite, we were into our 4th week touring California, so had experienced a lot of hotels, motels, restaurants, etc. We had, until then, encountered, almost everywhere, the usual friendly, helpful, “have a nice day” front-desk staff. Yosemite Lodge proved to be the exception, with a couple of the front-desk ladies apparently coming from the “have a miserable day” school of customer relations.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Yosemite Lodge At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.