We actually planned only to be in Yosemite for less than a day. We arrived from Reno at about 10:30 a.m. well before check in. We left at 6 a.m. the next day.
Here's what happened in between with an advisory
1. We called and called and called and got a cancellation at the Lodge about 2 weeks before we left Houston.
2. We drove in from the Reno side which means that we saw the mountain views on the way. (Or, at least, my wife saw most of them because I was driving)
3. When we arrived, we knew we would NOT be able to check in; however, we got an approved parking sticker; left our luggage in the trunk; and immediately started tours.
4. Because we had seen the higher views on the way; we focused on the valley tours. Our first one started at about 11:00.
5. Federal Park Rangers are extraordinary folks. Anything they do is high quality.
6. The views looking up from the valley were as mind-boggling as the views at the higher ranges on the drive in.
7. Our first tour was completed about 1. We still could not check in. We did another tour of the Valley; hiked a trail; ate lunch at the food court; toured one of the park museums; and checked in at about 5:30.
8. We did not have a lot of time. We made the absolute most of it. From mirror lake to everything else, inspirational is the only word that comes close to being adequate.
9. Sure, we could have spent more time, but the experience was extraordinary.
10. As for the Lodge, the food that afternoon and night was the most reasonable priced food we ate on our entire vacation; the bears didn't invade our car or our room; we left alive; and the bed - although it was good would have been good if it had been a bed of rocks because we were so tired.
Stay there if you can. If you haven't reserved in time; keep calling for a cancellation. We got luck. Maybe you will too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your Yosemite Lodge At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Yosemite Falls Lodge