It is a pity that the closest accommodations to the spectacular Yosemite falls -- and the only real alternative for most folks -- is an outdated, overpriced property like this. My husband and I know that national park accommodations are always overpriced. After all, you're paying for convenience. We've stayed in four other national park lodges in the past three years, but this over-the-top terrible.
The smell was the part that got to me most. My husband was irritated by the lack of air conditioning. Everything was cheap, from the scratchy towels and tissues to the linoleum, circa 1965. I refrained from taking a snapshot of the shower/bath, but suffice it to say that I just couldn't believe that they hadn't replaced it 20 years ago.
I understand that some rooms are being remodeled. They really shouldn't offer the unimproved rooms at this price -- I think we paid $140-plus -- or maybe they shouldn't rent them at all until they finish the rehab. If you must stay here, try to limit it to one night. You really can see everything in the valley in one day. Then move on to another accommodation. So sad that such a magnificent park is represented this way. Those who work here should get extra pay for having to deal with these failing facilities. There's no way to make it seem clean -- even if it is -- when it's so old and in such poor repair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your Yosemite Lodge At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Yosemite Falls Lodge