I decided to stay at the Lodge in Yosemite because I planned to photograph the valley after sunset and at crazy early in the morning, and didn't want to drive from Mariposa, about 45 minutes from the Highway 140 gate.
The Front Desk staff was polite, but, seemed a bit distracted. I checked in about 7pm-ish and there wasn't a lot of people waiting to be checked-in.
The Lodge uses keys, not ATM-style cards.
I was given the wrong keys, so I had to hike back to the Front Desk to exchange them.
The room was ok. There was hot water, but the pressure seemed to be a bit low.
The TV had local channels and some others. Mattress was not the best, nor, was it the worst.
Room had a 30-pin iPod dock.
Warning: do not leave food in your car; do not leave coolers in your car - bears understand the shape of coolers and know what is in side. And, even when you don't leave food in your car, the bears could sniff something, like what it smells, and rip your car apart like a knife through butter left on the picnic table during a 4th of July BBQ. If you are stupid and leave food or coolers in your car, and a bear rips open your car, besides the larger insurance bill, expect to receive a ticket from the Rangers for not following the rules. The bears are not like the bears at Yellowstone, which will eat you, but the bears in Yosemite will only nibble on you a bit. Make noise if you see a bear, and read the bear instructions on the sheet you receive from the Ranger at the entrance.
Make sure the door to your patio is double locked.
Expect sounds outside of your window/patio - raccoon, bears and other creatures roam.
My room had a small fridge and a laptop safe. I did not see a phone in the room.
The room was clean.
I would probably go back again. I made the reservation 6 months in advance. The Lodge is not a place you can just drive up to and expect to be able to get a room during the summer, or, during the Holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your Yosemite Lodge At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Yosemite Falls Lodge