This hotel is very expensive for what it is, but you pay that premium for location, so it is worth it. The biggest thing I didn't like about this place was the customer service, definitely not the usual friendly North American welcome that you come to expect. When we came to pick our bags up it was about 9.00pm, and as the lodges are not in the same building as reception, it's a bit of a walk, and they didn't offer to help with bags or walk us to our room, something I'd expect given that it was pitch black outside. The girl at reception also seemed to have little knowledge on the eating options available in the complex.
The rooms are very big, and good quality beds, we only stayed one night and were only in the room awake for a 2 hours max, but I'd imagine it would be a relaxing place if you were there for a few days.
Terrible shower in the place, very small, think it went as high as my chest.
Also, one of the strangest hotel bars I've ever been to, they had this amazing fireplace in the centre of the room, which looked really cool, yet when you're at the bar it has no character, atmosphere which is strange given that fireplace. It may be the wood that they have used to decorate the place, maybe it needs a re-vamp as it should've been one of the 'best' hotel bars I'd ever been to, not one of the 'strangest'.
Ultimately if you don't have a car, and don't want to camp you should stay here for convenience.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Yosemite Lodge At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.