We've just spent two nights at the Yosemite Lodge (at the Falls - don't confuse it with the Yosemite View Lodge like our travel agent did!). It was cheap, comfortable and the location was perfect. Yosemite Lodge is like a small village of about 15 lodges, each with say 12-16 rooms accessed directly from outside (ie. no internal corridors). The complex has a food court, a decent souvenir/snack shop, a lovely restaurant, a bar with a fireplace, nature shop, etc.There is also a very large swimming pool and ice cream stand that was all closed up for the winter.
Rooms on the top floor have a balcony, and rooms on the ground floor have a small patio. We went for the upstairs room, but be warned if you're carrying heavy luggage as you'll have to get it up the stairs! The room heating was adequate and another small heater was available if we'd needed more heat. The bathroom was serviceable. There are flow restrictors on the showerheads (understandable for a National Park) which made showering a little slower. The free wifi was excellent.
The food court is basic, but we were able to find something decent to eat for breakfasts and lunches. We had a nice dinner in the restaurant one night and on the other night we caught the free shuttle bus over to Ahwahnee and ate dinner there, which was also nice (and expensive).
This time of year the only tour running from the Lodge is the Valley Floor Tour, 2 hrs in a bus with many photo stops, that takes you past all the highlights. Even though it was a misty day which varied between snow and rain all morning, we still thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Our guide, an avid rockclimber, was fascinating.
Yosemite Lodge is about a 10 minute walk from Yosemite Falls and there is a nice loop that takes you past a lovely view of Half Dome. We were very happy to stay there. It was basic, but we certainly weren't roughing it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Yosemite Lodge At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Yosemite Falls Lodge