We go and stay at the Yosemite Lodge frequently. For prior visits we have stayed in the Azalea building, but this time we asked to stay in Birch, one of the updated rooms that had a king bed. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable for the first night. It was difficult to get the temperature to be "right", so we had a warm night in the room. The second night, several people were in the room next door (probably part of a wedding party), and we could hear every word they spoke. That ruined our experience, and we will go back to Azalea next month.
If your room has a problem, call the front desk. If it isn't fixed soon, call again. They will work to make it right.
We had meals in the Food Court, sandwiches at Degnans, and went over to the Ahwahnee for lunch one day, and for breakfast one day. One learns what to order at which place. It isn't gourmet food, and isn't fast food prices, but still reasonable.
The rooms have TV and telephones, which is unusual for a National Park hotel. If you need more pillows or more blankets, call for them.
We have stayed at the Ahwahnee, but the price difference isn't worth it to us. We spend a fair amount of time at the Ahwahnee sitting in the lobby, shopping in the store, and eating. It is a nice walk from the Lodge to the Ahwahnee. We have found everyone to be helpful and friendly, if you are friendly with them. Check in when you arrive (although you probably won't get a room until 5 PM) and pick up beverage tickets and your parking pass. Do not move your car once there with a good spot. Spend the day enjoying Yosemite and head back after 5 to move into your room.
Staying outside the park, although perhaps in nicer accommodations, doesn't make up for being in the park 24 hours. However, if you are really picky about your room, maybe best to not come at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Tingo, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Yosemite Lodge At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Yosemite Falls Lodge