The lodge rooms (green classification) are worth the extra cost. It was large with semi-cabin style furniture. The large picture window leading to the balcony or patio was very nice. You keep it open all day to see the trees and valley walls.
The front desk staff was very nice in accommodating the extra requests we made on our reservation for a second floor quiet room.
Our room was far away from the main lodge, so there is a lot of walking involved. We didn’t mind since that was why we were here, plus it gets you out of the hustle of tour buses and shuttle vans.
The hotel location is ideal as it is in the Yosemite Valley with no need to use the car. The other hotels are about 40 minutes away.
Buses can take you most everywhere, but with that comes a caveat: In the winter the number of buses in service is very small. The wait time is posted to be 15 minutes in the day and 25 at night. In two days we experienced 30 minute waits during the day and 45 at night.
We didn’t notice any more noise from the other rooms than any other hotel.
The cleaning crew could be better as I found several skittles in the carpet. Overall though the room was clean and the beds comfortable.
The only complaint is most of the ice machines were broken, making us walk the entire length of the resort to find the one working machine. It was like a joke on guests as each machine had a note pointing to another machine that would be broken and had a note pointing somewhere else.
You’ll need a flashlight as it is a big resort and there are several areas where there is no lighting.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 With the exception of White Wolf Lodge, all lodging and services are available in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley and Wawona are largely unaffected by the Rim Fire and air quality is good. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Yosemite Lodge At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.