“Chateau Royale West & East---worth every penny!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yosemite's Scenic Wonders Vacation Rentals

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yosemite National Park
Yosemite's Scenic Wonders Vacation Rentals
7403 Yosemite Park Way, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389   |
Los Angeles, California
“Chateau Royale West & East---worth every penny!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Loved our stay here. The kitchen was enormous and the kitchen/dining/living open concept area was beautiful. I loved the floor to ceiling windows. We had a group of 16 and everyone enjoyed spending time together and being able to cook and eat together. I can't even imagine how much we saved by cooking our own meals. One stop at Costco, and you can stay with a group of 16 for a week and not have to spend a dime on food! It was amazing and beautiful. I loved the master bedroom and bathroom. Everyone had enough space. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have a very large group, choose the Chateau Royale West/East combo, as it will not feel cram...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We booked a 3 night stay at the Red Fox Retreat but added one more night since it was so lovely. Even though Scenic Wonders has numerous houses along a few roads, it still feels nice and isolated. The house was just beautiful with huge windows providing amazing views, a cozy fireplace (wood provided) creating atmosphere and furnishings in a style that match the environment. The kitchen was fully equipped and if I would have known that there was soap for the laundry, coffee and sugar for the coffee maker and things like pepper and salt and oil etc. I would't have bought them because all the basics for cooking were provided.

I knew there would not be any cellphone reception or internet which I found refreshing and relaxing. Also, when having to check mails you can just stop outside of reception and use the wi-fi there.

Room Tip: The Red Fox Retreat can accommodate 4 adults but we were there as a couple with a baby. It was there...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We arrived at 7pm , dark and snowing, and collected the keys from the office. The guy managing the office was a little grumpy, and made us feel colder. On the other occasions when we required their service, they were nice and prompt.

Our stay was in Chateau Royal West, 3 and the half floors in all, was beautiful. Very well kept, well furnished and the basement even have a recreation room with table tennis, and board games. 3 bedrooms and simply awesome for our group of 7.

This property is located less than 100m from the office. On the day of departure, we left early and just dropped keys in the office, simple and easy!

If you plan to cook, ensure that you have purchase whatever you need before driving into Yosemite National Park. Make sure you top up full tank too for your car before entering this park.

1 comment is that Scenic Wonders deduct the full cost upon booking of the property. FYI only.

These properties are privately owned and managed by Scenic Wonders which I felt did a great job overall.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
las vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The crew at Scenic wonders is a five star service provider. They went above and beyond to make sure we were completely satisfied on our recent trip to Yosemite.

There was a mishap with our reservation, probably no ones fault, but all I had to do was mention it to the crew and they handled things as if I was at a 5 star resort.

Our original reservation was at the Yosemite View but it was being painted so they offered us an upgrade, Quail crossing & Yosemite vista.
We chose Quail Crossing. A modern, very roomy 3 bedrooms with queen size beds, each with private baths. A fold out sofa in the living room. A seperate bed in the washer/dryer room, which also had a private bath. The cabin is fully equipped. Blender, toaster, coffee maker, pots, pans, soup pots, huge frig. towels, pillows, linens. Board and card games, bluray player with plenty of movies, xbox with games, satellite tv and wifiI (bit slow but good enough for yosemite). Plenty of towels, The open, gourmet kitchen was a pleasure to cook in. Great deck. Easy access if you have anyone physically challenged in your group.

All in all, we were very impressed. Celia, Danny & Benson, well done guys, you are the foundation to the success of Scenic Wonders.

Looking forward to our visit back.

Room Tip: For internet users, the wifi available is not the speed you have at home so don't expect to down...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Holmdel, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Scenic Wonders has multiple type accomodations in west Yosemite......easy drive from the valley floor and from glacier point. The condo was clean, stocked with all cooking utensils needed, and had 2 bathrooms. It was quiet and away from the action part of the park.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was performing repairs the Wawona Tunnel and needed to find lodging for my crew near the site. We needed a comfortable place to stay for 4 weeks and Scenic Wonders provided the perfect location. I needed to communicate with my office on a daily basis. We were able to find an ideal cabin with internet and 3 bars for my cell phone. The site management was incredible. Our initial booking was last minute; however, they were able to help find us a place to stay at a good rate. Super friendly people with great customer service. I researched every place to stay within an hour drive from the Park. Hands-down, the best place to stay. Anything you need: economy to luxury cabins. I accidentally left an expensive ear-piece for my cell phone. They found it and mailed it to me. These are people you can trust. I can hardly wait to return with my family and friends.

Room Tip: For business travelers: Yosemite Vista is the best cabin for internet and cell signals.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our family, 4 adults & two children stayed at the Pinetree Retreat cabin during the first part of October. Yes, this was during government shutdown! The layout of the cabin was nice for my elderly parents. There was a bedroom/bathroom on the first level along with the kitchen & living room area. They appreciated not having to travel the stairs. There were two other nice bedrooms and one bathroom upstairs. This area also included a living area with a futon and washer & dryer. The beds were comfortable and having the washer/dryer upstairs was great. The gas grill on the outside deck was very nice & accessible.

However, there were a few issues with this aging cabin.The satellite TV didn't work so we were encouraged to borrow some dvds/videos. Choices of movies weren't great. The upstairs TV only played these movies in black and white. A carpet tack was exposed in between the upstairs master bedroom & bathroom. The dishes were dirty & very wet upon our arrival so I washed everything by hand to start. The dishwasher, while it appeared to run, was terrible. After running a load of dishes, I could still see grape juice on the inside of the cup!

Room Tip: I would suggest finding a newer unit through Scenic Wonders. Location was nice & the management...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Yosemite's Scenic Wonders Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!