“Just Average” 3 of 5 stars

7403 Yosemite Park Way, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389   |
Santa Barbara, California
“Just Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

First of all beware of two things, one is the fact that some cottages do not have air conditioning and even though for most of the year you do not need it if you happen to go during a heatwave as we did you'll be sorry you chose this place.

The place was very clean and our cabin offered a BBQ and full kitchen with utensils, pots and plates. It even had a dishwasher. I found the outside deck to be too small to sit five people and our place had practically no view. ...and get this, for almost $300 a night we got no internet/wi-fi, what a surprise! (it even rimes)

I found the people working at the office not to be as polite as I would like but then again mountain folks tend to be a little less cordial (or fake) so it may have only been my impression.

All in all it was a good experience but if I was to return I may just stay elsewhere, I hear Curry Village campgrounds have free wi-fi and have cabins for a decent deal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We spent 3 nights here as a family of 5. The house is split into 2 levels and could actually comfortably sleep 9. There is a huge king size bed on the first floor with bathroom and two further bedrooms and bathroom downstairs with a pullout in the central den. One of the bedrooms in set up for children and my kids so wanted to take the huge teddy home with us, he was so soft.
The main beds were clean and comfortable however I was unsure if the children's bed's had been changed, they could do with some new sheets as they had holes which I had to turn around. The house is very modern with great flat screen TV's, cable and most importantly free wi-fi, although it is extremely patchy and download is limited. We bar-b-que'd both nights and sat out on the deck to eat which was lovely. The house was lovely and clean and well equipped. The only appliances it lacked was washer and dryer. I think they are there just behind locked doors.The location is closer to Glacier Point than the valley floor, it will take you about 30 mins to reach the valley but it was perfect us. In the height of summer the valley floor is so busy it was lovely to get away and take in the peace and quiet of Yosemite which is really what you want.
So long as you have a car you are equal distance to the valley floor, glacier point and mariposa grove, all the main spots you want to visit in 3 days. I'd love to see this place in winter, thankfully it had a flat driveway if you do visit them. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would will highly recommend.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bocholt, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in this chalet and liked it. Spacious kitchen with everything you need, fridge with icemaker and a large porch with BBQ. The furniture is a bit dated but suited our needs. Two huge flatscreens and VHS with lots of movies to choose from. Beds are rather small but the 2 bathrooms are large. After a phonecall, the front desk man came to open the room where the laundrymachine and dryer is located so we could wash our clothes after 2 weeks of our 3week trip in the southwest. 20 To 25 min. drive to the valley and Mariposa Grove. Beautifull stay in the middle of nature.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

These condos are very close to the valley (about 20 minutes) so unless you’re staying in Curry village or the lodge you can’t get closer. The condo’s are run down and need to be updated. We’ve stayed here in 2010 also. Very expensive for what you’re getting but you don’t have many choices. We haven’t rented the houses but they’re very expensive also ($300/night or more). The loft condo’s have a down stairs with a small kitchen, bathroom, pull out couch, TV, fireplace, and deck with a grill. The upstairs is a loft with a queen bed and bathroom. Some units have a loft large enough for two beds (you need to ask). There’s not that much room, we had four people and I don’t think I would put more people in the condo. The units do not have air conditioning but it gets cold enough at night (in July). We did cook all of our dinners in the condo and used the grill which was nice. There’s a small frig in the kitchen and a larger frig in the pantry room. There’s also an ice machine in one of the buildings. Warning, fill up your car with gas and bring your food before you get to the park there’s nothing around. The condo’s are very close to the road leading up to Glacier Point. There are some excellent trails on the way to Glacier Point.

Room Tip: Some condo's have more beds in the loft, you need to ask.
Central Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our family of 3 stayed in a condo for 3 nights. The condo was extremely run down and desperately needs an update. That said, the condo was spotless! VERY clean. The housekeeper did a great job with this unit! The kitchen had enough pots, pans, dishes for the 3 of us and again, everything I used in the kitchen was spotless! Thank you, housekeeper!!! We would not rent a condo again but would possibly rent a house if it was as clean as the condo. As for the location, you can't get closer to Yosemite Valley unless you stay right in the valley which is about twice the cost. Yes, it's about a 25 minute drive, but if you want a quiet and clean place, rent a house up here. Be sure to stock up on groceries and gas BEFORE coming. The Yosemite Valley store isn't too expensive considering they could really gouge the prices way out here in the boondocks! Thanks again to the Yosemite Scenic Wonder condo housekeeper for a spotless condo!

Room Tip: If you don't want to stay in a tenement, rent a house instead.
Boerne, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

My Family of 16 super-enjoyed our 4 days in Scenic Wonders' Chateaux West and East, 8 in each house. Scenic Wonders deserves its top rating in Trip Advisor. We had parking space for 4 SUVs. The management (like Tiffany) was easy to work with and supplied our every need. Includes washer/dryer/dish washer/refrigerator/stove. The two houses had more bathrooms, porches, and decks than I could count! The 5 queen beds were very comfortable, and the Master Bedroom in Chateau West was fantastic! We especially enjoyed the West kitchen, living room, fireplace, and deck areas (plus propane grill) with their beautiful view of dozens of tall Monterey Pines reaching up to the sky off our deck! Inside Yosemite Park only 25 minutes to Yosemite Valley or Glacier Point, we could not have asked for a better or more beautiful/comfortable location!

Room Tip: As you can judge by my review, although Chateau East is also good with lots of amenities, we loved t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
riverside,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I used to camp in the valley and had great time in Yosemite. but we determined to get a cabin for our last trip. I was found my reservation with other rental didn't go through when I arrived around 8pm. so the vacation rentals were recommended to me to find a room at the last minute. I was almost panic that my friends and I would have no place to stay in the park that night since we had a senior person. Danny was there in the manager office and helped us to find a fabulous house to stay----from the worst to the best! They didn't even raise the fee even though I would be forced to accept the worst case. Danny was very nice and instructed us clearly. Although it takes about 20 min to the valley, you'll not waste the 20 min if you enjoy the lookout points as we do. Definitely recommend it especially for family and friends vacation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Yosemite's Scenic Wonders Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!