“Perfect breakfast stop after early start to look for wildlife.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Perfect breakfast stop after early start to look for wildlife.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

After the recommendation that wildlife is best viewed in Lamar Valley (and Hayden Valley) between 6am and 8am (and 6pm and 8pm), we got up early on our second day in Yellowstone and drove from Gardiner to Lamar Valley. This was well - worth the early start as we were able to watch the bison coming down from the hills and crossing the road to get the the river in the valley. So after this fantastic start to the day we rewarded ourselves with the most delicious breakfast inside the roosevelt lodge. I had my all time american favourite - french toast, bacon and eggs but my friends had a variety of different options from the menu - all of which were fantastic. The restaurant has a rustic feel to it but is maintained by friendly staff who waited on us efficiently. Before we drove on further, we stopped for a few minutes to enjoy the morning sunshine, sitting on the veranda in the lovely old-fashioned rocking chairs!! Overall a delightful experience, one which I would recommend to anyone who is visiting this corner of Yellowstone!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saginaw, MI
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We knew that this would not be a culinary treat but we were pleasantly surprised by the experience. The building is a rustic cabin, and the atmosphere was homey and what you'd expect at Yellowstone. The food was better than expected. We tried the fried chicken, ribs, and trout. We all agreed that it wasn't the best food we had ever tasted but it was better than most places in Yellowstone and was done very well. Our server was very friendly and attentive. It's a nice place to stop while passing through the park. We waited about 30 minutes to be seated but it was a pleasant wait. Yu can wait in wooden rocking chairs on the porch and have a drink while waiting. I'd visit again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Simi Valley, CA
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We did not go to Yellowstone for the food, but we were pleasantly surprised at the Roosevelt Lodge. The workers were friendly, and our server, although busy, still did a decent job with getting our food and beverages to us, fairly quickly. I had the Bison burger with mushrooms and Swiss cheese, and a side salad with fat-free vinaigrette, all delicious. My husband had the ribs with the Roosevelt beans. The ribs were so tender, and I loved the beans.

We had a party of 6, and there was no problem in having three separate checks; she even split the dessert price (Family-sized Apple-Huckleberry Crisp, excellent!) three ways. If you order the fruit crisp, I would suggest ordering it when you get your meal because the bake it fresh and it takes awhile. The lodge is beautiful, and we enjoyed our meal here.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ridge, New York
“Great atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Like another reviewer, I too almost expected Roosevelt to walk through the door. The atmosphere is great, the food is pretty good, but I wouldn't rate this the best in the park. I had no problems with my meal and my food (chili and trout) were very tasty. I still wonder why venison is not on the menu in the parks....

Visited July 2013
Mountain View, California
“Good food, but slow, somewhat clueless service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Here is another Yellowstone locale that has some clueless young college students providing lackluster service. I ordered blueberry pancake for my son and got a plain one. We had service issues including slowness at both dinner and breakfast. Yet there are managers circulating and sometimes asking about your experience. It's a neat ambiance inside the rustic lodge. My bison burger was excellent. The breakfast burrito was small and lacking meat. I'm sure my husband was still hungry.

Visited August 2013