“Good place to eat lunch or dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Louisiana
“Good place to eat lunch or dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stopped in the Roosevelt Lodge restaurant for lunch. I had the ribs and my wife had the Buffalo burger. Both items were good and we enjoyed the décor of the restaurant. If you are close around stop in and have a meal. Its worth it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hampton, Georgia
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We ate here several times during our trip- if you spend time at Lamar Valley it really is the only close food. Worth the stop! It does stay pretty busy- we had to wait each time. The food is creative and delicious. I had bison tamales- yum! The cornbread is fresh and hot, and there's a jar of honey to dribble on it.

Ashburn, Virginia
“Excellent Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had the ribs and really enjoyed them! Great service and in a cozy lodge setting. Felt like I was really out west in a remote area. Great lodge feeling.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful atmosphere!! Very good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here on June 13th. We absolutely loved the atmosphere and fun vibe from this place. Our waitress was a seasonal worker who was here during summer break from college (as were most of our in- park waiters and they were all WONDERFUL). She was very pleasant and friendly. I asked her what she thought of the Bolognese and she suggested very honestly that she felt there were better things on the menu. I ended up ordering the fried chicken with mashed potatoes and a side salad and my husband had bison tamales served with black beans and rice. My meal was very good and my husband absolutely loved his. Before dinner we were given cornbread and honey. The honey was served in cute little honey pots which really added to our meal! I loved that small detail, it was something different.

This restaurant does not take reservations so it seems that a wait is usual. We sat on the rocking chairs on the front porch and had a couple of drinks while we waited to be seated. The bar, located across from the restaurant was also staffed by a very friendly college student working in Yellowstone for the summer. He too struck up a conversation with us while he poured my husband a beer and mixed me a special "Yellowstone sunrise" concoction. It was delicious. If you are going to have a wait to be seated there are not much better ways to pass the time than on the wide porches of Roosevelt Lodge, rocking in the rockers with a drink in hand. Not a bad way to wind down after an amazing day in the park.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sunnyvale, California
“Second visit here, and this time we drove 1.5 hours just for dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Having stayed at Roosevelt three years ago and loved the food, my husband put in the request that we drive up for dinner after seeing the Canyon area on this trip with our daughters. I agreed without hesitation, though not realizing hat road construction projects between the two areas would beef up our drive time substantially. Even so, it was well worth the trip! The food is excellent, varied, and hearty. Our waitress, Nicole, was super and made sure that we were taken care of like family. The wait for a table was spent out on the front porch chatting with the other guests, with our feet up on the porch railing, rocking in the super comfy rocking chairs there. Bonus to the evening was the chance to see a black bear in the woods right before reaching Roosevelt.