“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Willow Mountain Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Copper Center
Willow Mountain Lodge
Richardson Highway Mile 87, Copper Center, AK 99573   |
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

We were overwhelmed with our hosts' gracious accommodations and excellent meals and most of all, the hosts themselves! We felt like we had known them all of our lives even though we had just met! We needed a place to stay between Glennallen and Valdez for a day trip of halibut fishing (the guys) and sightseeing (the girls). This B & B was "perfect" in every sense of the word. We even received a wonderful Christmas card from the Wedgeworths this year!

Definitely an A+++

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Eagle River, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My co-worker and I stayed here for a little over a week and it was one of the best places I've ever stayed at in Alaska. The Wedgeworths were welcoming, made amazing breakfasts and taught me how to play Mexican train in the evenings. The beds were so comfy. The shower was clean, hot and had great water pressure. Some mornings and evenings we saw moose in the yard and the only reason the view was ever less than outstanding was because of the weather. I hope I can find a reason to stay here next summer.

Room Tip: If sleeping in sunlight might bother you, go for the King room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed in the king with shared (but attached) bath, and luckily got it to ourselves since no one was in the loft room that night. These hosts were more than friendly and accommodating. On our trip from Anchorage to Valdez we took our time and stopped for a hike on the Matanuska Glacier, dinner at the Princess Lodge and then here for the night. Travelling with our infant the hosts were very welcoming even as I warned it might not be a quiet evening. The conversation was nice, the view was spectacular, the bed was super comfy and the breakfast the next morning was AMAZING. I'd recommend this place again for sure and think it would be a great place to rent out for a family outing.

Room Tip: The shared bath king was great with its own tv and space for a travel crib.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I love to stay in B and B's because you meet wonderful people and this is one of the Best! Great people, great view, great value! I got the best night's sleep, had a wonderful breakfast, great conversation, and magnificent photographs at the overlook less than a mile away from the property. The Wedgeworths made me feel like family, I will return for sure, and if you are smart you will stay here too!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
aksok, Owner at Willow Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for the great review. It is guests like you who make having a B&B a wonderful, blessed experience for us. We hope you return for another stay with us in the future.
Aiea, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

You will stay here for a bed, but you will leave with new friends. 2011 is their first year in business so you will not find this B&B at the top of the google search, but it is definitely the type of B&B we love. We stayed in multiple bed and breakfast on our trip from Anchorage to Valdez but this was our favorite. The tempur-pedic bed will give you a great nights sleep. We stayed in the room with a King bed and attached bathroom. There is aaloft open loft in the home with 4 Murphy beds that would be great for a larger fishing party or children. Your host Terry and Kathryn have done an amazing job building this home. The view across Willow Lake and the surrounding Mountains is absolutely gorgeous through the picture windows. We enjoyed the evening news and great evening conversation with Terry and Kathryn along with some cookies fresh from the oven. Our breakfast of pancakes, bacon and fresh fruit was a great way to begin a day of driving to Valdez. I wish we would have booked the home again on the return trip to Anchorage. Next time we will know.

Room Tip: King room good for couples, loft good for children or fishing/hunting party
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
cakelady83
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

What can I say about this place? The view is amazing and the people are wonderful. THey moake you feel right at home. I went with my two young boys and they stayed in a trudle bed upstairs and I got to sleep in a very nice King sized bed in a rooom with no windows, so it was nice and dark so the extra light didn't bother me. I think the beds were that memory foam or Tempurpedic (sp?). They were so comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful the next morning and the owners were so helpful in recommending activites for us.
But, my favorite part was the view! The bed and breakfast has amazing floor to ceiling windows that allows you to see the beautiful mountains and the beautiful lake. When we were there, the mountains were reflecting in the lake and the pictures are amazing!
I also loved the modern things they had, like flat screen TV's and satellite. They also have a great variety of DVD's that the boys watched before they went to bed.
It really felt like I was at home and with friends. Can't say enough about this place. All of Alaska is breathtaking, but this just added to our trip. My kids still talk about our stay at Willow Mountain.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Willow Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!