“Awesome view” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Bellingham, Massachusetts
“Awesome view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stumbled upon Wolffy's while looking for another restaurant on Cayuga lake for dinner. The deck was full and people standing in line to get seated there so we gratefully accepted a window seat inside as we were hungry. It being hot and humid a draft Guinness sounded great, but it did not meet expectations and had a sharp taste. We both love lump crab but the crab cakes served as appetizers were not at all what we expected, they were what we have termed hockey pucks and come no where near the lump crab cakes of the Delmarva peninsula. The wife had Chicken Marsala and did not enjoy it at all and left about three quarters of it. The sweet potato fries she enjoyed. I had the special stuffed pork chops and did not enjoy them at all, the corn reminded me of cattle corn not sweet corn. The baked potato was great.

Visited July 2012

finger lakes NY
“Good views, lots of flies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Wolffy's has been open a year or two now, I've driven by many times but when I'm hungry, their parking lot is full, so I keep on driving. Recently, we drove by, were hungry and the parking lot wasn't full (it was a rainy day, the State Park campers were gone, etc) so in we went.

The menu looked interesting. I ordered a full rack of ribs (served without the slathering of BBQ sauce they tout on the menu; the server assured me that they were done on site) and my companion ordered the shrimp in garlic sauce over a bed of linguini.

Salads (both with Italian) were delicious.

My ribs and the shrimp dish arrived in short order, the ribs looked pretty good and the sauce was on the side, as requested. The shrimp-pasta was served with some wilted spinach garnishing the top and lots of parsley too, and looked good as well.

The shrimp were tastey and well cooked, the pasta done properly (neither over nor under cooked) but the serving dish (a soup plate, really) was FULL of oil. The pasta and shrimp were swimming; after eating the first few fork-fulls of pasta, she could not eat any more. I tried a taste (I'm much more tolerant than she over such things) and all I could taste was oil too. UGH!

My ribs were OK. Not overly delicious, not terrible, not something I'd order again. The sauce was too sweet for my taste (and I spent three years in Memphis, I do know good BBQ!).

The flies were unbearable. We both spent more time shooing away the flies than anything else. YEP, it was a rainy damp kind of day, and yep, they have lots of doors out onto their deck, so the flies were no dummies, they came inside. But the combination of only SO-SO food, and the swarm of flies turned us both off very quickly.

We won't go back; there are too many good places near by.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Romulus, New York
“Disappointing!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch. Service was very slow. Took forever to get our drinks after we ordered our meal. I had a fish sandwich , all batter and fried hard and dry. My fries were burnt. Waited and waited for our bill. Won't return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Beachwood, Ohio, United States
“Wolffy's/ Seneca Falls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Hotel gave us bad directions so that didn't start the venture out well. When we arrived the parking lot was full and an employee was diverting cars several blocks away. They only had inside seating and an hour wait for the patio. It was already 8:00 p.m. and we were tired and hungry from a long drive so we ate inside. Service was friendly despite being very busy. Food was tasty. But without the water views it is just a meal. If you know you are going make a reservation in advance. During the season lots of people come over on their boats.

Visited July 2012
Seneca Falls, New York
“Great outdoor seating and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Been here a few times, each time the food is good and well priced. Chicken barbecue is an excellent value. They rotate their micro beer on tap. Also they frequently have live music for no extra charge.

• Visited July 2012