“Visitor center very worthwhile - very good tours” 3 of 5 stars

+1 315-568-0024
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 11 Attractions in Seneca Falls
Type: Historic Sites, Monuments/ Statues, History Museums, National Parks, Parks, Outdoors
Activities: City walk sightseeing, Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Women's Rights National Historical Park tells the story of the first Women's Rights Convention held in Seneca Falls, NY on July 19-20,1848.
New Jersey
29 attraction reviews
“Visitor center very worthwhile - very good tours”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Watch the short movie - it is very moving. Peruse the visitor center and take the free tours of the Wesleyan Chapel (next door) and the Elizabeth Stanton House. When you visit the Stanton House, walk down to the canal and check out the locks - there is a lot of history here!!!

Visited June 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 attraction reviews
“A litte gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Went with my wife, my mother (age 82) and two kids, a boy 11 and girl 9. It was just the right size for my kids, not overwhelmingly large, and with good interactive exhibits which my kids could understand, and to which we could relate other civil rights struggles. My only complaint was that a few of the interactive exhibits were in need of repair, and the movie seemed a little dated. The ranger guide next door and at Elizabeth Cady Stanton's house were both interesting. Anyone interested in the history of the women's rights movement, especially in its early years, would enjoy the trip.

Visited May 2014
NJ
13 attraction reviews
“Take the tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is the second time we went through the museum but the first time that we took the tour. The tours take place twice a day. The park ranger does the tour, ours was Jamie, she was fantastic, very knowledgeable. The tour starts in the church next to the museum. This is where the bulk of the information is given. It's fascinating. We went on to the Elizabeth Caty Stanton home, which is restored to it's time period. Then we went to Waterloo to visit the M'Clintock house. A different ranger was there to greet us and gave us some more information. We spent a few days touring the Finger Lakes and I think this was my favorite guided tour of the trip. The movie in the museum is worth watching as well. And, you can't beat the price if admission; it's free.

Visited June 2014
Ithaca, New York
19 attraction reviews
“A Dud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Unfortanely this place was a dud for me. First off, do not use the location google maps gives you - it's wrong. You'll want to start at the visitors center. My major problem with this place is that everything is at least 20 years old. For a movement that has done major strides in the past few generations, it is disappointing and makes a lot of the material seem irrelevant. So overall it is very dated inside. I definitely learned more about impetus of the start of the initial women's right movement than I knew before I came here. The rest of the park was a series of old houses and chapels spread throughout town that were also not my cup of tea. The staff was friendly. If you are in the area, it doesn't hurt to stop by but I wouldn't make a special trip there.

Visited May 2014
earlville, ny
42 attraction reviews
“Great little gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Hard to find entrance, awesome displays, easy to navigate, very friendly and helpful staff, nice gift shop

Visited June 2013