“Best French Restaurant in Vienna area” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Renaissance is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 122 restaurants in Vienna
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Fairfax, Virginia
“Best French Restaurant in Vienna area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our favorite French restaurant since Le Canard was sold/ changed name. Just wish that Renaissance would add duck dishes to their menu. Owner told me he would consider my request.

It is in a shopping center in the heart of Vienna with plenty of parking.

Our latest dining experience was very nice. I had the french onion soup (good), house salad (excellent tender greens), and stuffed flounder (very good). My wife had a mussels appetizer (fantastic) and trout entre. My daughter and son-in-law had appetizers, entres, and shared the bananas foster. Wine-by-the-glass was reasonably priced.

The staff, starting from the owner host to the water guy, make this place above average. They are very friendly and attentive.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Bethesda, Maryland
“A Secret Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised when we entered this lovely restaurant. Suggested by a friend and going with friends who live nearby we didn't know what to expect. What a Gem.. We entered and were greeted warmly by the owner. He made us feel like we had been going there for years.
The restaurants decor is very elegant with lovely art work on the walls.
The food was outstanding. Each of us order something different and all were pleased.
Make room for desert.

Service and the Food met our expectations and beyond. The chef visited with us as did the owner.

We would definitely come back here and bring friends and family for a special occasion.

Bethesda, Maryland
“A gem of a restaurant in a strip center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were amazed to find that this restaurant has been around for more than 10 years and we hadn't heard about it. Everything was superb from the minute we entered until we finally could not eat or drink any more and left. The Owner greets you at the door and tells you how happy he is to see you while kissing the women's hands and reaching to shake the gentlemen's hands. No waiting to be seated, attentive service by the Captain who takes drink orders. A visit from the Sommelier who recommends a slightly pricey, but well-worth it wine. The Chef comes to the table to ask if there are any requests as to how the dish should be prepared. Several of the Staff stop by during the course of the meal to check on our satisfaction. Toward the end,the Owner comes by, pulls up a chair and orders Port and Bananas Foster for us on the house. What could have been better. We saw Staff doing this at many tables. A real gem of a place.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The host was the owner and delightful as was my waiter who assured me the stuffed chicken was a good selection and suggested I also have a small salad. The salad and bread were good and I was sure I would enjoy the entree. My first clue something was wrong was when I moved the dish and it was very hot to the touch. As you can see it was a great presentation but the chicken clearly had not been cooked today. All the food was put on the plate and microwaved is my guess. The chicken was hard to chew. I didn't finish it. So sad because I was thinking it would be the perfect place for Christmas day dinner.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Ft Lauderdale
“One of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

First time to Cafe Renaissance and is now on our list to visit regularly. One of the best friendly little restaurants in the area. The staff, the ambience, the meal; everything was wonderful.

• Visited October 2012